Treherbert on the Web's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message about local news, views or issues. Or why not just chat.

Treherbert on the Web's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fernhill coal to be reopened

Gordon Brown has just announced that the use of UK coal will increase over the next 30 years. There is still enough coal under Fernhill as I clearly remember so maybe the plan for houses is a smoke screen and the houses are for the colliery.

Re: Fernhill coal to be reopened

What would be the point? Anything under Fernhill could be accessed from Tower.

Reopening the colliery is not an option. Apart from Tower Colliery having already extracted all the coal from under the ground, Fernhill Mining Ltd reclaimed all the coal that was on top of the ground, in the nineties, and that is why the landscape of Fernhill has changed so much since 1992, and why developers are now useing the views and the waterfalls as a selling point for their new housing estate, that has nothing ells to distinguish it from any other housing estate anywhere ells in Britain.

Well Gordon, You did frighten everyone who sits at home claiming dole in Blaenrhondda, Blaencwm and Tynweydd now didnt you.

The last ones to scare them like that was the Labour Party in the Late Eities and Early Nineties, when they threatened to reduce unemployement and take people of benefits and back into work.

If fernhill were to have the coal extracted from the surface (and yes there are still hundreds of thousands of tons there amongst the slag) then i am afraid it would have to be outside labourers as the local unemployed wont get off their buts to do a decent days work, thats why the likes of me are paying high taxes to pay for them to sit at home watching TV.

Times are changing

Your Location: Rhondda

Well said John, could,nt agree with you more,(Cant you be the prime minister of this country!!!) You'd get my vote every time.

who is working who out of you two, calling people lazy wow and what jobs do you 2 have then how long have you been working; its easy running people down when your identity is hidden as are your employment records this for the 2 comedians

Your Location: treherbert

Hi Bob

Nice of you to join the debate

Well then I have been employed every day since i left school over 30 years ago.

I have done all sorts of jobs from sweaping roads to cleaning up after people. Actually anything rather than have to go and sign on the dole.

Its not been easy but at least I can hold my head up high and say I have never had to take handouts, because i have worked and earned my keep.

Some times i was having to work almost 18 hours a day 7 days a week just to keep my head above water.

Its paid off, i now have a job that pays not too bad. But even if i was out of a job tommorrow, i would go and find a job rather than scrounge on the dole..

Trouble is too many people round here think it os ok to sign on the dole rather than get out and work hard and get a job.

are you one of those Bob?

Your Location: Rhondda

john why are you so full of crap 7 days a week 18 hours a day who is getting a hand out not me i paid in and now i am reciving a minute fraction back just to survive i dont want nothing of you john you have nothing i need you can have something of me though john my contempt for being an odious little creep

Your Location: Treherbert