Treherbert on the Web's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message about local news, views or issues. Or why not just chat.

Treherbert on the Web's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fernhill public meeting

Just wondered what everyone thought of the meeting held in Blaenrhondda on Thursday 24th july for the Fernhill site???

Re: Fernhill public meeting

Hi Lesley

Well I attended the meeting and thought it was pathetic. There was no fairness at all at the meeting. It was more of a PROTEST MEETING as opose to a public meeting to discuss the Pro's and Cons of the development.

Only one gentleman made any real sense and that was the man at the back of the room who said the development could be positive, and who warned of not dismissing it out of hand. But i fear this has happened.

I think people are scared of modernising, scared that jobs may come to the area, scared that the DSS may want them to get jobs, scared that they may have to get up early in the morining and go out and earn a living as opose to me having to go out daily and pay such high taxes to ensure the lazy sods in the area are able to get their dole and go to the pub every day.

The times are changing, and we either modernise or fold under and all sit at home and claim benefits.

Your Location: Rhondda

If you thought it was that pathetic why didn't you get up and give your views?? You think by adding all those houses with very little jobs being offered will improve the area??? At least 30% of the new housing has to be affordable housing (is it going to be our taxes paying for those)??

Leslie

Affordable housing is housing below £100,000 The housing development up on the old Fernhill Site would offer housing simmilar to that in Tonypandy where houses went for up to £250,000.

I really think the people in our area need to open their eyes and wake up to the 21st century. If we continue to turn things down, we will become a caroline street or a Fernhill Hoses site where all the homes first become vacant, then derelict then are vandalised then the whole lot are demollished.

Remember Fernhill and Caroline Street have dissapeared in the last 35 years, Blaenrhondda could go next.

Without investment the area is dead and does not sttract anyone in the area.

There is more chance of the so called undesirables moving into properties in Blaenrhondda as house prices are so cheap rather than accepting the new development with all it will bring that can see a rise in property prices as local amenities increase

Please think about it

The development has to off 30% of the houses as affordable!!! So it won't be all £250,000 houses!! Also what is going to happen with the traffic?? Its easy to say to put houses there but they are not just going to stay on the site and not go anywhere!!! Think of Treorchy and what it is like at the moment with the traffic, never mind another 400 cars or even more!!! And its not just 400 houses as the total amount of houses proposed in the new LDP is over 700 houses. What about the schools? The doctors - People complain enough now on how hard it is to get an appointment. The Fernhill Rhondda Conservation Group wants to see the site developed, something that would create long term jobs and landscape the area and offer leisure activites (which the site is at the moment earmarked for)

Leslie

as stated above, affordable housing is £100,000.

Dont forget, affordable housing is for people who Do Get Out And Work For A Living, and not the lazy sods arround here who expect others to work and for them to sit at home and collect their benefits.

I have no problem with affordable housing for workers, but dont see why i should pay for shirkers.

In-fact my veiw is that if people are not severly ill, then they should be working. If they choose not to work perhaps because the work is below them, then stop all their benefits and kick them out of their State Benifit Provided Housing, thus removing their burden from our taxes

at least the immigrants coming into the UK will work, whilst a lot of locals have never worked, notr have their children.

Its tme to modernise and bring in new people, new ideas and new lifestyles to bring the valley out of the dark ages