Treherbert on the Web's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message about local news, views or issues. Or why not just chat.

Treherbert on the Web's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blaencwm website

http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Blaencwm/85109140220

Your Location: blaencwm

Re: Blaencwm website

to dig out part of blaencwms history the tunnel men woked hard to build it and what a fantastic link to another community people would come from far and wide to see it and why should we send our children down the valley to study our heritage when it is there and in tact ps tips a good air raid shelter a walkway or a bit of track either end with a small engin and carrage for people can ride through

Your Location: cwmparc

Come again??????

like i said we brag about our history the best way to show our history off is to run a train from treherbert up behind stelco hardys put a platform there ror all three villags to catch it and link us back up with swansea fansea catching a treherbert train from cardiff to swansea throgh the rhondda blaencwm tunnel. This wauld be fantastic history and put the top of the valley at making this uneek sunk transport link work again and to show off our buitefull counterside and take this history to our future genarashan and fight for our history.

Your Location: cwmparc

Just came across this site and it brought back memories. My mother was born in Rhonda valley and lived until she was about 16 in Blaencwn. Her father and brothers worked in the mines and i think she said they used to walk to work through the tunnel. Her maiden name was RHEAD anyone remember the name ?

Your Location: Westmidlands