Treherbert on the Web's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message about local news, views or issues. Or why not just chat.

Treherbert on the Web's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CREDIT CRUNCH

I wonder if people in work or those on the dole will suffer most because of the credit crunch.

I'd suggest that the worker who has borrowed heavily to attain a life style beyond their means is going to get it right in the neck whereas the dole wallah - used to living without - will adopt that well worn philosophical stance that has developed since the days of Thatcher.

I wonder how the finger pointers will react to enforced unemployment coupled with heavy debt?

I was unemployed for some time in the Eighties and often received barbed insults from people who had never been unemployed. The usual arguements about them paying tax to subsidise obviously willful shirkers was rife at the time. However as time went on a great many of those people lost their jobs and couldn't get another. When I approached them and asked why they didn't want to work and did they feel guilty about claiming money paid for by tax payers the silence was deafening.

The look in their eyes said I WANT TO WORK but the ignorance and prejudice they had displayed to the unemployed when they were tax payers prevented them from opening their mouths. Yes sir! There's nothing like experience to shut the mouths of the smug.

Re: CREDIT CRUNCH

well said jonus..you have hit the nail on the head.

Your Location: blaenrhondda

Re: CREDIT CRUNCH

well said jonas a very good point better than the usuall vitriolic poison hurtful crap spouted by some
(you know who you are)on here

Your Location: Treherbert

Web-Rating (out of 5): 5