Treherbert on the Web's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message about local news, views or issues. Or why not just chat.

Treherbert on the Web's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seeking help with Family Tree! John Ellis Jones/Elizabeth Ann/Edith Wynne Jones

Hi there!

I've been researching my family history for a number of years and although I am from a very large family, there are very few of us left that are old enough to remember and to help with my research.

According to my research so far, my maternal grandfather was born in the Pontypridd area in March, 1913. His father was called John Ellis Jones and his mother was called Elizabeth Ann.

When the 1901 Census was taken, the family lived at 92 Woodfield Terrace, Penrhiwceiber, Mountain Ash and the family consisted of: John Ellis Jones and wife, Ellen (1st wife), daughters Jane & Edith Wynne, sons Ellis Wynne & Richard Gwaenydd.

By 1911, Ellen, John Ellis' wife and daughter Jane had died and the family now lived at number 87 Baglan Street, Treherbert. The family now consisted of:John Ellis Jones, Ellis Wynne, Richard Gwaenydd and Edith Wynne. Also living with the family were: Elizabeth Ann Williams (noted as housekeeper!) with her daughters (from her 1st marriage) Jane Ann Williams and Laura Morris Williams.

I know that Elizabeth Ann and John Ellis later married in Pontypridd and had further children together, including my Grandfather, Glyndwr Morris Jones and she later moved back to Ffestiniog following the death of John Ellis (date unknown). I know that Richard Gwaenydd worked in Liverpool at one point and he died while at work and is buried in Ffestiniog with my Grandfather. I also know that Edith Wynne settled and stayed down South and that Ellis Wynne and Jane Ann married in 1916, before Jane Ann's mother and Ellis Wynne's father got married, so not really half brother and sister which was a worry for some of the family!!

I'm sorry to be taking up so much space but in order to get any replies, I hoped to include as much information as I can remember!

If anyone reading this can give me any information at all about the family, it would be very much appreciated. Any copies of any documents or photos would be a welcome bonus.

Thank you for reading.

Arwel

Your Location: Blaenau Ffestiniog, Meirionethshire