Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1928 chummy help

Hi there
I've owned a 1928 chummy for a few years and I have never managed to get it running properly- engin/starter / magneto have been rebuilt etc etc.

I live near Amesbury in Wiltshire - can anyone recommend a good 7 friendly mechanic I can take the car to - in order to get her fixed. I think I've used too many people who think they know what they are doing (and don't)in the past hence my troubles have never been fully resolved.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Re: 1928 chummy help

The obvious answer is Austineers in Bradford on Avon

E-mail him: slowoldcars@aol.com or telephone 01225 866142.

Also worth trying Vince Leek who is a bit closer to you.

Thank you most kindly for advices given

Regards

Jonathan

Steve Hodgson at SMH services, East Preston is my personal guru of choice, not as close as the others mentioned but definitely prettier. stevehodgo@hotmail.co.uk or 07813117474.

Just while I think on.....
Why would the rotor arm in the magneto rotate in the opposite direction to the arrow stamped onto the magneto casing - is this normal ??

Because the arrow refers to the rotation of the input shaft, which is connected to the engine. The rotor arm is driven via a gear, which reverses the direction of rotation.

David

Splendid - thanks again !!