Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Accelerator link on Ulster/special

Hello,

I am building a special using a Rod Yates LWB body. I am trying to understand where to fit the accelerator connection on the engine side across to the carb.
Would anyone be able to send a photo of their Ulster/special accelerator shaft? A photo from both sides would help me mount it correctly.
I don't have one so either need to buy one or get the mounting brackets and a plain steel rod if anyone has any ideas where to find them?

Thanks
Paul.

Re: Accelerator link on Ulster/special

I used a standard RP type of pedal and cross-shaft, but I mounted it at the bottom of the vertical part of the bulkhead. On the RP it is mounted at the top of the slope of the footboard. As a result of this I had to bend the pedal arm and make the hole in the floor to suit. I am very happy with the resulting position of the pad, and others who have driven the car have never commented adversely. I warmed the arm to a pale red glow and it bent without problems. I will try to send a picture tomorrow.

I'd advise anyone building an ulster to buy or borrow a copy of Chris Gould's book,Lots of info and ideas to create an accurate car.
Have you tried Tony Betts for a s/h pedal assembly to mod to fit.

Hi Paul
I've just completed my Rod Yates bodied LWB special. Tons of photos on my website!

Look in the "Body" gallery photos 59 - 62 which I think will show how I fitted mine. The link bellow should take you directly to the gallery

http://gallery.robbie-watson.com/#!album-5

You are more than welcome to pop round (I'm in Horsham so possibly not too far from you in Surrey?) and have a look if you want!

Cheers
Robbie