Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New-ish to A7s

Hello.

Just popped in to say hello and to introduce myself.

I've played abround with old cars and aeroplanes for decades and have finally sunk to a new low and bought several piles of rust that once represented A7s. Nothing wrong with the cars, just the level of rust!

I have almost all of a 1933 car in pieces and then about 6 other cars broken down into individual parts so I shall be alright for spares for the next 100 years. No bodywork, but I wheel aircraft cowlings for a hobby so I'm sure I can come up with something.

Are there any other owners near Llantwit Major/Cardiff who I could call upon for help and advice? I expect I'll need some good pointers as to which bits are worth keeping so that I can then have an 'open day' at the garage and trade for items I need.

Cheers

Rob Thomas

Re: New-ish to A7s

Welcome to the Austin Seven World Rob!

It sounds like you have the skills and parts to make a very interesting car, I hope you will keep us posted on it's progress!

The South Wales Club has members near you, I would suggest giving John Williams a call on 01656 786591, they have a meeting every third Tuesday at the Welcome Inn, Mynyddbach Common, Llangyfelach in Swansea.

Over the Bridge is the Bristol Austin Seven Club, you Can get Dan Coles on: 01179625712

....and check their (South Wales A7 Club) web site for other events here

I'm hoping to get up to their annual do on the 8th - 9th June, the 'Bryngarw National Rally'.

It's a good club with a worthy Newsletter. JOIN.

Sandy Croall - Cornwall A7 Club.

Sandy Croall
It's a good club

I endorse Sandy's words but feel that you should be warned about this Character who claims to be the current Chairman:

photo Stuart-and-Roger-2_zps15a1b8d3.jpg

Every time I have met with him I always have the most horrific and inexplicable headache the next day, you have been warned!

R. Would that be due to the Green Isle Nectar,
a distilled version to be seen in the bottom RH corner of the above photo....

Or Brain's ?

Actually it is usually this aptly named (for the morning after anyway) brew...

Say the name out loud (not the "Red Dragon" bit!!)...

hello idd be interested in a rolling chassis iff you are selling iam located in mid wales thank you ,rae

OH NO!!

weres stuart when you need him.

or is he grimissing at the screen as i type.

if i`m correct brains is from cardiff,and stuart is definatly a swansea man.

and if you dont understand its like parking your ipswich tractor at carrow road on match day.

or telling a man city fan you have a season ticket for united.

tony

I'm afraid that you are wrong Tony,the Feelig Foul brewery is not situated anywhere near Ipswich,but in the charming village of Felinfoel near Llanelli,which in turn is much closer to Swansea than Cardiff.
The mysteries of parking your tractor at carrow road ,however,escape me.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a moment. Is that man drinking a.....half pint??????

Have I strayed onto a Mazda MX5 website by mistake?

Its OK, he's drinking the top 1/2 of the pint and still has the bottom half to go!

No hair dressers cars here!

Why has the chap behind the man in green got his left hand in the man in green's pocket I wonder?

Don Maxwell
Why has the chap behind the man in green got his left hand in the man in green's pocket I wonder?

This is in Wales don't forget ..... Celtic traditions!!!

Remember, the Welsh pray on their knees on a Sunday and their neighbours the rest of the week!! Obviously if you are to celebrate a marginal victory over the English a pint of Guinness is the best way to do it.....

Hello Rob, John Williams here, secretary SWA7C. We have lots of members ever willing and able to offer advice on matters Austin 7. Contact me on 01656 786591 [Porthcawl]. Our club's "Drive it Day" run will be to Merthyr Mawr and the Vale of Glamorgan 21st April. Your neck of the woods. I originally posted this reply Tuesday, but for some reason it failed to register. John

Thanks John.

Was planning to call tonight or tomorrow. I'm setting off in an hour with a 16 foot trailer to collect the last load, hopefully. Hope my back holds out!3rvp

Stuart Palmer
Its OK, he's drinking the top 1/2 of the pint and still has the bottom half to go!

Stuart

You are missing a trick here, our MX5 is as much fun as our two Sevens and is a lot more useable that my fake Ulster. Have you driven an MX5? If not, as I suspect, I would be more than happy to introduce you to the joys of ours and kill your misconception. It is a proper car.

In the crowded South East

Oh Richard!!! Wash your mouth out at once!!! How could you??

Stuart.

PS
(Yes I know, best British sports car we never made. The mk1 model with a LSD in the axle as standard is great fun on wet roundabouts! All of them So much better than the confounded MGF which wash a total heap of junk.)

And I am sure there is a M*zda MX5 forum to tell everyone how good it is

Tony.

My wife was out in a friend's MX5 a while ago, and when they stopped at some traffic lights,
a couple of lads where heard to say "..nice car, shame about the birds..".

My wife tell's me she's never heard that remark when in the A7....

Sandy Croall
My wife was out in a friend's MX5 a while ago, and when they stopped at some traffic lights,
a couple of lads where heard to say "..nice car, shame about the birds..".

My wife tell's me she's never heard that remark when in the A7....

I may come to regret saying this Sandy but could the noise from the Austin Seven have anything to do with it?

Richard Hawkes
Stuart Palmer

Stuart

You are missing a trick here, our MX5 is as much fun as our two Sevens and is a lot more useable that my fake Ulster. Have you driven an MX5? If not, as I suspect, I would be more than happy to introduce you to the joys of ours and kill your misconception. It is a proper car.

What I did not tell you was that when my wife was a hairdresser (before the MX5 was even thought of) she used to drive the Ruby to her salon. We still meet people who remember her weilding the starting handle in her hot pants - those were the days!!

So our Ruby is genuinely a hairdressers car whilst the MX5 is not. We are topsy turvy in our house though.

Still in the crowded South East

It is all all matter of perception really.

When I was a Nurse tutor at Morriston hospital I arranged to take a group of introductory Nurses around the brewery on the premise that it was part of their education in occupational health, the visit was a merry one for all!!!

I might add it is probably the best beer i have ever tasted.

Richard Hawkes
What I did not tell you was that when my wife was a hairdresser (before the MX5 was even thought of) she used to drive the Ruby to her salon. We still meet people who remember her weilding the starting handle in her hot pants - those were the days!!

I can well imagine that they would, Richard!!

It might be less evocative of erotic imagery to rephrase that sentence as:

"We still meet people who remember her, in her hot pants, wielding the starting handle - those were the days!!"

Ian Mc.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t!

Ruairidh Dunford

Grammar: the difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t!

Philosophy: And of course they are NOT exclusive!

Quote: Richard Hawkes
"What I did not tell you was that when my wife was a hairdresser (before the MX5 was even thought of) she used to drive the Ruby to her salon. We still meet people who remember her weilding the starting handle in her hot pants - those were the days!!"

I guess thats a case of; what ever turns you on!

Or should that be; gets you going?

Whenever people talk of hairdressers it reminds me of my sister when she did her apprenticeship many years ago. She was given the task of cutting a woman's hair when she asked "Excuse me madam, but was your ear bleeding when you came in?". Naive teenager, and she's still blonde, by the way. Cheers, Bill

Bill Sheehan
Whenever people talk of hairdressers it reminds me of my sister when she did her apprenticeship many years ago. She was given the task of cutting a woman's hair when she asked "Excuse me madam, but was your ear bleeding when you came in?". Naive teenager, and she's still blonde, by the way. Cheers, Bill

Bill

I am liking your sister already! I am sure that my blonde wife will empathise with that story immediately.

P.S. How did we get from "I am new to Austin Sevens" to hairdressing and blondes? I am going out for a trip in the MX5 to get over it and pulling out of this thread!!

Richard

Its the charm of this place, thread drift and gentle leg pulling. Enjoy your drive.

Stuart Palmer
Richard

Its the charm of this place, thread drift and gentle leg pulling. Enjoy your drive.

Thanks Stuart.