sunflower

Mastiff Guardian

Where friends and Mastiff families gather

Mastiff Guardian
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
different colors of mastiffs??????

I was just wondering........What color is your fawn mastiffs?(I know DUH)but what I mean is Bor has no black on him except for his muzzle which is really black and goes clear up to his eyes,but doesn't have any other colors and his coat is more of a creamy butter color.However he has black toenails but his toes are fawn too.

Re: different colors of mastiffs??????

Jagger is a dark fawn, looks almost apricot on his head, with black mask, black ears and black tail. He has some black throughout his coat.

Kosta is Apricot... dip red coloring, this includes feet and tail, almost black ears, nice blk face markings... and a darker tone on the forehead shaped like a heart. ;)

I also see a lot different color's in the banner . Seems most Mastiff have darker ears then the rest of the main body.
Im sure people who show all the time would know any Fault markings... but personal, I think all Mastiff's are perfect... never to be faulted.

The ears are supposed to be black, Wendy. I don't know much, but I do remember that!

Yes, I know that also Francie, that beautiful blk muzzle and black ears is what makes a Mastiff. ;) I just mention that cause TH didn't say her dog had blk ears.
I have seen some pictures where the ears were a lighter brown rather then blk.

Know you were asking about "fawns" but all of our guys have been "apricots". Regardless, hope this info helps.

Reilly was a very dark (redhead) apricot with a black mask and ears. His tail had about three different shades of apricot that almost made his tail look braided!

Kosmo is a fair to medium apricot although he seems to get darker - more red - every year, with a black mask and ears. (However, his mask has grayed somewhat.) His tail is exactly the same color as his coat.

Sampson's mask and ears are COAL BLACK. His coat is a medium to dark apricot with tinges of silver - his dad was a reverse apricot brindle. Samp has a patch of brindle on his upper chest/throat and a brindle and apricot tail.

All perfect and faultless in their Mama's eyes, despite their differences! -Cindy-

P.S. I don't know what is the "norm" but all of the dogs had/have toes that match their main coat color, and black toenails, too.

I just noticed I forgot to say his ears are black too.

black tail mastiff... ?

my english mastiff also has a black tail... otherwise fawn, with black mask and dark brown/blackish ears (lighter than mask). Is the black tail a fault for showing?

Re: black tail mastiff... ?

Are you talking about just some dark "guard hairs" woven throughout a fawn colored tail?

no, her tail looks like it was dipped. it has some fawn coloring through it, and on the bottom, but mostly black. would this be a fault in a show? and is this normal? she will be 6 mos next week.

Is she sooty looking all over? Could you give us a picture of it?

pic

here you can see emma's tail, how dark it is. just wondering if this would be a fault in showing... thinking of showing her.

Re: pic

Dana I was hoping someone else who knows about showing would pipe in but guess not.

I really don't know if it is a fault or not but I do know it is not a disqualification so you could certainly show her.

food stand

food stand for large dogs

i've been wanting to get a higher food bowl for Emma, but didn't want to spend the outrageous prices for one... so i got a plant stand for 3$ and the bowl fits great! just wanted to share!

and wanted to see if i could put a pic in a message. thanks! think i got it now!

Re: food stand

Bubba has black in his tail also.I think it's pretty common but not sure if it's a fault for showing.I really don't think it would be though.
Emma is so pretty!Go for it!

Hello, Dana! I know nothing about showing mastiffs, but Emma sure is a pretty little girl! Hopefully some of those that do know about showing will chime in, but if they don't, keep researching the good questions and just keep loving Emma, regardless . . . she's LOVELY!

We are so blessed to have these creatures in our lives - show dogs or not - so just enjoy and pamper, regardless! -Cindy-

P.S. Great idea to use a plant stand for a raised feeding station . . . your home must be much more stylishly decorated than mine, as I use two gallon, galvanized steel buckets to raise my Mastiffs' bowls off of the ground (a shallow bowl fits in the top part of the bucket.) But they are BOYS and could care less about my "decor"! Good for you & Emma! GO GIRLS!

LOL, I wouldn't call my home stylish! I found this idea on another site, then just happened to see a stand when out shopping with my girls.. but it does work (and look) nice! :)

And I completely agree.. I'm not getting into showing for anything but a fun hobby for Emma and I to do together. If it seems she doesn't like it, we will quit. Emma is a wonderful part of our family, and I couldn't imagine life without her now. I was just curious about the black tail, because i rarely see pics of mastiffs with black tails. She has brindle grandparents, so i'm wondering if it is due to that.

Thanks everyone!
Dana

Black on tail

Sorry if this is old, my 9 month old fawn also has the black tail. I noticed all in his litter did. I think it's normal but as for showing I have no idea =)

Re: Black on tail

Hi, the ink dipped tail is not a fault for showing :)

My Woody is a light fawn with black gaurd hairs, he is not sooty, just has perfectly black black gaurd hairs all over his body, but you can't see then unless you are really close.

Re: Black on tail

Heather, I think we need to see some recent pictures of Woody just to make sure. Ok, I admit it, I just miss seeing pics of Woody.

Jackie, you have mail

Jackie, you have mail

Re: Jackie, you have mail

Thanks Heather.

sunflower