sunflower

Mastiff Guardian

Where friends and Mastiff families gather

Mastiff Guardian
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Notice.. It is time to pay for another 2 years....

Sorry I dont get a chance to get online much these days. I see a notice has been sent to my email address saying it is time to renew for 2 years. I will give amount when and if you all want me to pay. There is enough in fund for this payment. It is under 18.00 I know that for sure. I need to know if you all are wanting to have this sight renewed ? I know that Lisa with Pai has open a Mastiff sight on facebook so didnt know if most people go their now.
Also I will ask again if there is anyone that wants to take on watching and tending to this sight please stand up now. ;) Okay you can just tell me. :)
I feel bad cause Im never on anymore to really watch over anything or to really help with anything.
I will check in tomorrow hopefully to see if anyone responds.
Hope everyone is doing wonderful. Kosta is almost 9 and isnt doing very well but the time hasnt come yet were I say "its time". Her back leg and hip gave out totally so she is pretty much hopping with 3 legs. She lays on a mattress on the floor most of the time. She also has had times where she pees on herself without even knowing it. She is on steroids for now and it seems to help some. We were hoping the steroid would help with the hip and leg problem. Hate to say it but it is just a matter of time ... if another leg gives out.... well you all know. :( Love this girl to peices and even though she is going threw this she stays with a happy tail when I walk in the room and say " hows my girl doing?" Might be cause I have peanut butter or cheese for her, but I will tell myself it is me she is happy about. ha ha
Talk to you all soon.

Re: Notice.. It is time to pay for another 2 years....

It's so good to hear from you, Wendy! I don't do facebook but I really can't say that this site should go on. I've learned so much here, but it's like Kosta, unfortunately -- just running out of steam. Mingo is 11 now and has some issues, but we're paying a fortune for food and herbs and care and it's helped a lot. He's so darn happy and we just love him to pieces. He's just the biggest sweetheart we've ever known. So I have to say with regret, that I think this site's time has come. Maybe any remaining money could be sent to Mastiff rescue. That's my two cents. And kisses and more kisses to Kosta.

I don’t do Facebook either. So this is really the only Mastiff board I visit. I truly come here every morning hoping the activity has picked up. Even thought I’d maybe start a thread about Wrigley’s most recent fetish today (evergreens). Been a part of this community for >15 years, started over at MastiffWeb (Finn and Kaiser) and interacted with a plethora of posters whom I’d like to consider friends now. Unfortunately and sadly with such little posting activity, as with MastiffWeb maybe this site’s time has come. Regrettably, while I’d like it to stay around, I won’t fight its termination.

I'm so happy 2 have spoke up. I'm thinking 17.00 plus some change isn't much to pay ... kind of hate it for the people that don't facebook. I know that money will pay for the name of the sight. I will check to see if anything else is due. I don't think the sight needs to pay for a upgrade. ha ha.

I hope everyone is okay with this... I went ahead and paid for 1 more year. I might not be able to get on the computer for a couple of days so when I saw it was only 8.95 for one year I decided to pay it. That gives everyone time 1 year to decide if we keep this up. Maybe things will get more active.
There is still 141.02 in the Mastiff account.
As far as Im concern 8.95 is worth it even if just Francie and Bill talk. And I know Pam checks in a lot. ;) Heck, I might start checking in more often myself.
I anyone thinks I did the wrong thing I will be more then happy to pay the 8.95 out of my own account. Hugs to you all and I will check in soon.

Thanks so much for taking care of this, Wendy. I also check every day to see if anything's going on here. What happened to Kansas Cindy? She tried so hard to get us to talk, but she's gone now too. I guess I should keep up with the times and join Facebook. I'm just a bit stubborn and not a computer lover. So we've got another year and I would have done the same thing, Wendy. Now come talk with us! You always had lots of stuff going on to talk about!

Thanks for re-newing Wendy. $9 for a year of anything seems like a steal these days. I guess Francie and I can use this as our own personal Mastiff blog until some others show up.

Thanks so much Wendy. I'm still here too and will be more than happy to keep Francie and Bill company if they want me.

I'm still here! I'm still here, too, and happy to keep hanging out with those that stay. Life wouldn't be the same if I couldn't check in several times a week with ya'll! Even when the board is slow, it's comforting to know it's still here.

Wendy, great call, Girl, to take the initiative to pay up for the next year. It sure would have been a shame to drop in and find nobody home on the site. Thanks for your work.

Now what can we all do to get this conversation all lively again? Take care all! -Cindy-

I can't even do photos!!!! I never take any is the first obstacle!

I knew more people would speak up . ;) And my guess we even have a few more that pop in but just dont say to much. I will give a update on myself in another post. Cant wait to read up on what you all have to say !! We have all been coming here for a long time.. well for me it has been 10 years. I started talking on this sight when hubby and I first decided to check into the Mastiff breed and we got tons of good info.

Hey Wendy

I agree with the others for the amount it is each year we might as well continue the site. Besides Facebook I think with Eileen leaving us it also hasn't been the same here. On Facebook I still have the poke she sent me on my page and I refuse to delete it. Or poke her back where I don't see it anymore.

Sorry to hear about Kosta. Just finding out now about her. She's a special girl and sounds like you will do what is best for her.

Quick funny story. I created a strawberry monster in Hunter. Been making smoothies at night with strawberries and let him have some before blending them a few times. now as soon as he sees the strawberries on the table he just looks at me and waits for his. I thought he loved apples and carrots but I'm seeing strawberries are his favorite by far. ;)

And anyone looking to make smoothies and don't want a mess just buy a stick blender at Wal-Mart for $20 by Hamilton beach. They are amazing. or a bella blender you can get which is alot cheaper than the Bullet but still more cleanup than a stick blender. Smoothies can be very healthy and even though I'm not much of a berry person when in a smoothie they taste awesome.

Hey Mike - I second that recommendation for "stick blenders" to make smoothies!

My stick blender is ancient - it's a BrAun that I bought in the 1980's and since it was kind of a "new" invention at the time, I think I paid a lot more than $20.00 for it. (Ugh - but at least it's still working after a couple of decades!)

Truly delicious, fresh strawberries are only a spring / summer luxury here in Kansas so my year round "go to" smoothie recipe is plain or vanilla yogurt with OJ and a banana. And Sampy loves the 'nanners, too! If the big fur boy doesn't get at least a quarter of the banana I'm slicing for the smoothie - - - I simply must pour at least a quarter of the stick blended smoothie in his food bowl: It's THE LAW around here!

I've always been amazed at how our big fur kids love, love, love all the fresh fruits and veggies. I know I've written on these pages before how we had to build a fence within our backyard fence to keep the dogs from harvesting our garden crops before us skins get to it! Oh what we do for our fur kids!!!

"Strawberry Fields Forever" hopes and dreams for Hunter! -Cindy-

Cindy,

I never even knew about stick blenders till about a year ago. Now I have one for home and office. Even today there are a bunch over $20. I just got lucky that walMart sells a good inexpensive one. Alot of people today also have never heard of a stick blender.

Yeah, Hunter has always loved apples and carrots but strawberries he just bounces off the floor for them. Have you thought about buying frozen strawberries when not in season? Actually read they can be healthier than fresh depending on how old the fresh fruit is. For smoothies I've been doing some kind of mixture of strawberries, blueberries and bananas. Foe health reasons I also throw a scoop of vanilla protein powder and some olive oil. Have to say really enjoying my nightly smoothie and with stick blender barely any cleaning up.

Back at ya, Mike - You made me LOL when you said "A lot of people today also have never heard of a stick blender," & I say, "People need to watch more old movies!" If memory serves me, I saw a stick blender in a scene of the 1980's movie "Wall Street" where the characters played by Charlie Sheen & Daryl Hannah were cooking a meal in his apartment (might have been a different movie, but this one comes to mind) and decided I must own one!

I've always hated the extra cleanup involved with traditional blender parts! ( - Showing my lazy side big time here but easy clean, cooking tools make me happy! ) You are spot on with the easy cleanup mention . . . a quick, hot rinse under the water faucet - unplugged of course, or avoiding the battery casing if it's battery operated - is usually all it takes.

The "stick" is also great for mixing gravies, sauces, dips, salsas and milkshakes, to name a few other delicious extras! Hip, hip hooray for the stick blender! Good to know there are many inexpensive options available today. -Cindy-

P.S. Yes, I've tried the frozen strawberries, but I must be somewhat of a "fresh strawberry snob." Kind of odd as I don't mind most of the other berries frozen, but something gets lost on me with the change in texture of the frozen strawberries.

Wendy I know I haven't been on much lately but Im so glad you renewed for another year.It's like family here and nice to just check in with those not on fb. Im sorry to hear about Kosta =( Hoss and Bubba are hanging in there and are 10 1/2 years old now. Hoss is just about blind and Bubba is beginning to favor his hips some.We are just enjoying what time we have with them and try not to think of the inevitable ;(

So glad to know Hoss and Bubba are holding their own, PJ! I'm thrilled to be reminded the big boys are 10 1/2 years old these days, as those are encouraging words & numbers for many of us that lose Mastiffs at a much younger age! (Your boys and your care for them are an inspiration for all!)

Hugs and rubs for the big guys and yes, keep loving them as long as you can! What's the story with the rest of your growing pack? How are all the youngsters doing?

Hope all is well and thanks so much for the update on Hoss & Bubba. Yes, we are like family, and thanks so much for dropping by Mastiff Guardian as you can! Hugs (and tummy rubs for the furs) and many, many happy smiles for all! -Cindy-

Hey PJ,

Amazing to think when we first met you were nursing the three brothers and now JD is gone and Hoss and Bubba are old men. But I know they all had a great life and are pretty famous on this site.

For Hoss I'm sure you know all about Glucosomine. Eileen used to be against the Glucosomine with MSN in it though don't remember exact reason but think a dog she knew had a major issue with it. Also, she liked the Boswelia by Naturvet which isn't too much. Big question is have you heard of Duralactin or Microlactin? Eileen believed in it and sold it for awhile as well. Duralactin is for dogs and is much more expensive than the Microlactin which I believe is same thing for people and alot less. Can find on Amazon for not too much. The reviews of both items are very good. Petmeds has some reviews on the Duralactin. I have used it on Hunter when he gets a strained leg. If haven't tried on Bubba maybe it can help. Don't think anything to lose by trying.

PJ, For above meant to say for Bubba.

I'm here...and happy you renewed Wendy....this site is like home...I'm sorry to hear about Kosta's issues...give her hugs....

sunflower