sunflower

Mastiff Guardian

Where friends and Mastiff families gather

Mastiff Guardian
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Found great place to order dog food and other products

For atleast last 12 months been feeding Hunter Verus dog food. This is a food Eileen suggested before she passed. Hunter does really well on the lamb. Since can't get locally I have been paying $50 per 30lb bag with free shipping. Just found this new site where it is $39 per 30lb bag and free shipping if over $100.

The web site is drfoxvet.com

Ordered this week and product already arrived today nicely packed. Got 3 bags of food and also got from Canidae some dog treats for like $3.50 per 1 lb bag and first ingredient is a meat which I think is good.

Hope this site helps some of you.

Re: Found great place to order dog food and other products

Thanks, Mike. Of all the health issues we've had with both the dogs and cats over the years, I'm so thankful that pet food didn't appear to be the issue even as we suspected such at one point in time. Thanks so much for sharing good, personally reviewed, information for those that do need options and alternative resources. Great post, Mike! Thanks! -Cindy-

Thanks for the link. They do look to have some very good prices, especially including free shipping. I need to check what I've been paying next time I go to my local store.

billh
Thanks for the link. They do look to have some very good prices, especially including free shipping. I need to check what I've been paying next time I go to my local store.

To update my own post......

Yesterday I went to my normal food store and sure enough the cost of the food locally was probably 10-15% higher than at the drfoxvet site.

Glad I can help. Just have to make sure to spend over $100 to avoid the shipping. I also ordered some of the Canidae treats. Seemed pretty cheap and I liked that the first ingredient is a meat protein. Order cam in less than a week all as ordered so felt ok suggesting them. Lets just hope they keep their nice rates. :)

looks like a great sight. I dont see my food though. Bummer ! We are feeding our doggies Simply Natural.. Lamb and oatmeal. It is about 50.00 for a 30 lb bag. Sure wish I could find this stuff cheaper. PetSmart carries it and my dogs love it !

Wendy,

Maybe you can change to the Verus that I've been giving Hunter as also is lamb. Usually sites also charge $50 for 30lb but this site charges $39 though no idea how long will last. Seems like they only sell products they really believe in.$10 a bag savings for your 3 furry kids can probably really ad up.

I can tell you it was Eileen that got me on Verus when Hunter was having problems with hot spots. Wish she was still with us for many reasons but will continue on the Verus if works well for Hunter as she liked it as well.

Just noticed they already raised their prices.Still bit cheaper than other place I was using but no longer big savings. 30lb bag went from $39 to $47 and the 16oz treats went from $3.50 to $5. Oh well. least I got one order in while it lasted.

Figures,got a good thing going and they ruin it by raising their price,grrrrr.
Not sure why everyone has to be so greedy.Seems as though they would figure it out,if they raise their prices people will stop buying and go somewhere else.Give Hunter a big kiss from me!!!

sunflower