Return to Website

Something Filthy Message Board

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com

Welcome - please feel free to post messages and chat about what ever you fancy!

The WebMistress will try to keep you entertained by posting various 'filthy' pictures (as seen here to the left) ...........watch this space and support our community!!

SEE YOU SOON! 

Something Filthy Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: UPFRONT HOUSE FOR BACKWARD PEOPLE

Hey Rob,
how did things go then? We're your free CDs a big hit? I suppose we might have to start with some sort of giveaway if it works.

I'll ask the Webmistress to bake some fairy cakes - we'll see how they go!

pete

UPFRONT HOUSE FOR BACKWARD PEOPLE

Pete, hiya pal. My mum didn't even give the cd's out, (gonna have to get me a new door person). She said she was tryin to save me some dosh (bless) As far as them working, they were more of a promotional thing for Bosh records. I didn't really expect hoards of people through early doors. I felt happier with this night than the first one, still wasn't busy enough allthough people seemed to enjoy it a bit more, there was more action on the dancefloor and I was impressed with the vj's. They did a couple of animations with the skeletons off the logo which were cool. If ya want a couple of those cd's, email me your postal address and i'll get them in the post to ya.

You get your mum to do the door? Man, we have trouble getting anyone to do it. Last time we shared it. Good laugh though. Mind you, we felt like the syndicate information centre. People stepped through the door, approached the till and asked "where is the syndicate". Even replies of "you're in it" didn't work.

We had a few in and they were all happy to shake their things, especially at the end. But, now I'm looking for a new partner as Young Smith has decided the bright lights of a far away city are too much to resist. That's not going to be easy though. Do you know any good, young-ish (popular) breaks DJ's (well tech house and breaks even)?

Maybe we should do a Bone v SomethingFilthy night. Then we could have an embarrasing amount of DJs!

pete

hiya pete, yeah my mum is prob the only person I trust enought to be on the door and to be handling my wads of cash. She likes it aswell, doesn't take any **** and she's cheap. LOL

So your looking for a new resident?
I do happen to know a couple of good breaks dj's but they don't live local. One of them lives in Huddersfield and the other in Hull. I play a few breaks in my set, I could do ya a demo if ya like. I've also got a couple of mix's knocking around from the other 2 dj's I mentioned earlier somewhere. I'll try and dig em out.

And about bone v's something filthy, I think it would be good. I've found from past experiences that the people who succeed and last longer are the one's who work togther and help each other out. We should talk somemore about this sometime. Maybe over a beer.

Let me know if you want me to forward you a couple of mixes.

Regards to webmistress

tchau for now, Boneishi