Warriors Kingdom Forum

The Forum on Heidelberg and South Port United Soccer clubs Greek History, Manowar and more! Forum rules 1. All messages must be posted in either Greek or English. 2. No abuse towards another person, ethnic group will be tolerated. 3. No get rich quick schemes. Breaking these rules will result in your message being deleted, cautioned, and placed on a card. Red card = out.

Warriors Kingdom Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please tell us Mr Profesor

"If the native tongue of your grandparents was not Greek then how can you be of Greek origin!"

Who said that the language my folks spoke was not Greek ? The only languages that my ancestors knew was Greek and some of them knew Turkish as this was a common tongue in the region. Therefor your above comment is not applicable here.

"Sure, your family probably no longer speaks of when their surname was changed, but their are still obvious signs, particularly the native tongue of your ancestors, that shows that your origins are not 'Greek'"

Resorting to story telling and jumping to ocnclusion to make yourself seem right are you? Please tell me when our Greek surnames were changed, by who and for what purpose because this is news to me. The only surname changing I recall here is the altering of the Bulgarian names adding a ski to the end of them after WWII. Some of your folks still choose to not deny their Bulgarain history keeping their ov at the end of their names therefore maybe it is you that should "wake up and smell your Bulgarain roses"