Warriors Kingdom Forum

The Forum on Heidelberg and South Port United Soccer clubs Greek History, Manowar and more! Forum rules 1. All messages must be posted in either Greek or English. 2. No abuse towards another person, ethnic group will be tolerated. 3. No get rich quick schemes. Breaking these rules will result in your message being deleted, cautioned, and placed on a card. Red card = out.

Warriors Kingdom Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Your Greek is too good for an aussie born!

Thanks for the compliment bro - i got excited and got a bit carried away.

What I basically said was that Olympic has managed to slap itself and unfortunately its core supporters in the face. Whilst attempting to broaden its fan base, it has forgotten the people that got the club where it is today - its traditional supporters.

We won the comp last year - and thats where it stops with the traditional supporters being happy.

They are trying to eliminate all traces of the Greek Australian presence. When they first converted to Olympic Sharks, at the beginning, they even denied the existence of Pan Hellenic (Sydney Olympic's mother club prior 1977) by not mentioning it on the history - sense prevailed there after about a month and they updated.

They took the rings off the logo and left a fish for christs sake. I call a barbouni (tiganita psarakia like a guppy - katalaves?). The rings came off with no explanation.

Games moved to Saturday night for the locals - a minority, while the majority suffered. I have to admit the locals came out in the beginning, but this season - no where. Even the core hardcores arnet going in disgust - voting with their feet - a quiet sign of protest.

Man, we can no longer identify with this club, the mistakes that are happening are so ridiculous, it seems as though its a carefully orchestrated plan to make us extinct.

What I said was, Im planning a silent protest within the next few home games. When we can were planning to make a banner with the rings, and Sydney Olympic FC 4 Life written on it.

The locals wont come if they dont get freebies. The core supporters have had enough of slaps in the face, and I think the only way to get them back is to respect our roots. SYdney Olympic FC, and the rings on the logo.

On top of that - because of Nick Theo, certain parts of the local Greek media are promoting Power over Olympic!!!!!

Man, dont loose hope, you should get some Alexander fanatics together and try to get into the club in some minor roles or something, promote the good of the club from within. You owe it to yourselves more than anything, you were once the pride of the NSL - dont give up man. As much as I HATE "Smellas", I adore Alexander.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Re I only understood about half of your message. What is a barbouni? As for not giving up hope with Heidelberg I am afraid that the glory days are all over. Heidelberg now iss now longer a glory club of Australia or even Victoria - now it is just another melbourne club and if they don;t watch out they will be playing with 50 ppl at the ground with the old barbeque cooking. Thats the nature of thr round ball.