Warriors Kingdom Forum

The Forum on Heidelberg and South Port United Soccer clubs Greek History, Manowar and more! Forum rules 1. All messages must be posted in either Greek or English. 2. No abuse towards another person, ethnic group will be tolerated. 3. No get rich quick schemes. Breaking these rules will result in your message being deleted, cautioned, and placed on a card. Red card = out.

Warriors Kingdom Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Olympic F.C.

re, all i know is that i no longer identify with the club - fukn fish...

the aussies dont come full stop - unless theyre given freebies. the rest of us have to drive for a good half hour just to get there.

id rather support Sydney olympic FC in the state league than Sharks in the NSL.

GAMW TA SPITIA TOUS.

As for Alexandro - i trully feel very bad for the current situation.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In recent years we have seen not only Olympic but pretty much all of the NSL clubs drop their ethnic name tag and logo in an attempt to broaden their supporter base. Whilst many traditional supporters did not like the idea at first - they remained with the club and kept strolling through the gates.

South Melbourne for example were labeled the lakers for a season and without their Greek logo and Greek name tag, they still managed to attract good sized home gates with one season them averaging 8,000 +. Anyways to get to the point the compulsory name and logo changing wans't so negative for the clubs and some clubs even increased their home gates after doing so. If the increased home gates was due to the changes is another debate in itself but considering that the supporters of other clubs did not have any strong objections to the alterations why are the Olympic fans any different?

As for not losing hope with Alexander, man it is easier to say than do. The club has once again got relegated to state league and has yet again shot itself in the foot. The people don't flood through the gate like they used to in the national league days, the fans aren't as crazy and as vocal as they used to be and to be honest the club is like yesterdays heroes. I remember going to watch a games there where about 10,000 fans+ would turn up on good days but unfortunately no doubt next season in some games they may be playing infront on 100 not 10,000 fans. The golden days of the gold and black where you would hear the fans in the stands cheering AA AAAA Alexandros when you were down the rd have gone! Such is life!