CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welsh sport activity
Re: Welsh sport activity

That is actually very interesting. Thanks for finding.

I thought so Rhodri. Whilst I personally would not have defined walking as sport (although my Dad used to enter walking race's all the time when I was younger), I was surprised that approximately one third of both sexes regularly take part in what I assume is walking for the sake of exercise - as opposed to walking to the shops.

good stuff really

One thing we do generally tend to do well in Wales is participation in sport, mostly at an amateur level. So it doesn't necessarily mean we have a conveyor belt of top-class talent.

I can think of several dozen sports clubs in the Bridgend area alone.

Jantra
I thought so Rhodri. Whilst I personally would not have defined walking as sport (although my Dad used to enter walking race's all the time when I was younger), I was surprised that approximately one third of both sexes regularly take part in what I assume is walking for the sake of exercise - as opposed to walking to the shops.

good stuff really

Walking races fascinate me, don't get me wrong those chaps go at a fair lick and I understand that there is a skill and technique but I mean how do you find out you are any good at it!

Rhodri

Walking races fascinate me, don't get me wrong those chaps go at a fair lick and I understand that there is a skill and technique but I mean how do you find out you are any good at it!

Don't go to the toilet for a few days, take a train to the outskirts of town, then walk back.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM