CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Job at cardiff council

anyone had an interview there? I've got one soon... anyone with any CC experience from this point of view?

cheers!

Re: Job at cardiff council

R
anyone had an interview there? I've got one soon... anyone with any CC experience from this point of view?

cheers!

tell them you don't drink coffee and you've been castrated. they'll let you come in two hours later than everyone else. it's readily understood that all in the private sector spend the first two hours of the morning scratching their nuts whilst drinking coffee

Jantra
R

cheers!

tell them you don't drink coffee and you've been castrated. they'll let you come in two hours later than everyone else. it's readily understood that all in the private sector spend the first two hours of the morning scratching their nuts whilst drinking coffee

whereas those in the other private sector are busy proof reading ...

R

cheers!

interviews may vary depending on the Service Area / position you've applied for

Typically there will be a small panel of 2-4 (+ maybe a note taker) - they will normally be very amiable and accommodating ... occasionally the panels are cobbled together and some panel members may actually know about as much or as little as you ....

each will ask 3-4 questions - there may also be some kind of 'presentation task'

all questions / tasks must be directly related to the JD & Person spec for the post

some general advice: obviously try to appear confident but also show a willingness / keenness to learn and work to established 'internal' processes, guidance from line management and colleagues across the Council where relevant

don't get too flustered if you don't have an immediate 'good' answer to each question - a little pause for thought every now and then can be seen as quite positive - and you can always ask to revisit a question towards the end of the interview

Smiling is good - even a touch of humour wont hurt - unless your Frankie Boyle

Mmm
Jantra
R

cheers!

whereas those in the other private sector are busy proof reading ...

EPIC FAIL.

good joke all the same

Jantra
R

cheers!

Jantra, do you realise that you've written "...all in the private sector...".
Freudian slip is this some honesty from you?

A fellow walks into a hospital and sees two doctors down on their hands and knees in one of the flower beds. He goes over and 
says, "Can I help? Have you lost something? " 
"No," says one of the doctors. "We're about to do a heart transplant on an accountant and we're looking for a suitable 
stone." 

Q: Why are they putting the accountants at the bottom of the ocean? 
A: They found out that deep down they're really not so bad. 

Sitting in a compartment on a train were the tooth fairy, an expensive accountant and a cheap accountant. On a table between 
them was placed a briefcase full of money. 

Suddenly the train entered a tunnel and everything went dark. When the train exited the tunnel and the light returned, the 
briefcase was gone. Who took the briefcase?... 

Well, it's obvious really. It had to be the expensive accountant as there's no such thing as the tooth fairy or a cheap 
accountant! 

The doctor comes to see his heart transplant patient.

"This is good news. It is very unusual, but we have two donors to choose from for your new heart."

The patient is pleased. He asks, "What were their jobs?"

"One was a teacher and the other was an accountant."

"I'll take the accountant's heart," says the patient. "I want one that hasn't been used."

A lost balloonist lands in a random field and asks a man out walking his dog "Where am I?" 

The man replies "you are three feet in front of me in the middle of a field" 

"You must be an accountant!" retorts the balloonist 

"How did you know that?" the man asks incredulously 

"Easy. What you just told me is 100% accurate but absolutely useless!"

Q: Who was the world's first accountant? 
A: Adam. He turned a leaf and made an entry! 

Q: What is the difference between a tragedy and a catastrophe? 
A: A tragedy is a shipful of accountants going down in a storm.... A catastrophe is when they can all swim! 

Q: What do you call 500 accountants at the bottom of the ocean? 
A: A good start. 

Q: How do you save a drowning accountant? 
A: Take your foot off their head. 

Q: What's the difference between an accountant and a vampire? 
A: A vampire only sucks blood at night. 

What is the definition of an accountant?
Someone who solves a problem you did not know you had in a way you don't understand.

How many accountants does it take to change a light bulb? 
How much money do you have?

What is the definition of a good tax accountant?
Someone who has a loophole named after him.

When does a person decide to become an accountant?
When he realizes he doesn't have the charisma to succeed as an undertaker.

What does an accountant use for birth control?
His personality.

What's an extroverted accountant?
One who looks at your shoes while he is talking to you instead of his own.

What is an auditor?
Someone who arrives after the battle and bayonets the wounded.

Why did the auditor cross the road?
Because he looked in the file and that's what they did last year.

How do you drive an accountant completely insane?
Tie him to a chair, stand in front of him and fold a road map the wrong way.

What do accountants suffer from that ordinary people don't?
Depreciation.

If an accountant's wife cannot sleep what does she say?
"Darling, tell me about your work."

When the accountant laughs loud?
When some one asks for a raise.

good stuff, keep them coming

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM