CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does anyone know...

...what's happening to the old building that's at Cardiff Bay station?

Anyway, I walked past there earlier and some of the peeling paintwork had been taken off exposing some lovely brick work.

Re: Does anyone know...

I am told that it is to become a listed building and will be the home of the Labour Institute Explaining Success (L.I.E.S. to you and me)

I noticed last week that there were two guys forcibly ripping some of those common weeds (which grow along our railway tracks)from parts of the wall of this building (the side facing Bute St) .

Their roots had become so embeddded into the walls that I suspect what you saw was the exposed brickwork where the render had crumbled away from forcible removal.

This was on the radar of Wetherspoons due to it having consent for a bar/restaurant business, but was considered too small hence the decision to move to Harry Ramsdens.

Could be a nice outside seating area on the old platform and track bed, and it's proximity to Travelodge and the train should make something viable, if anyone has any cash out there!

Blee Ding Obvious
I am told that it is to become a listed building and will be the home of the Labour Institute Explaining Success (L.I.E.S. to you and me)

Hello, Blee Ding. How strange that your name,although entirely different to mine in each of its constituent parts (I am B. Lee, you are Blee Ding (Cantonese?); my surname is Dingobvious, yours is Obvious) sounds EXACTLY the same when spoken? I know that Cardiff is becoming more multiracial but this co-incidence is almost unbelievable. We have such different views too.

Well, there you go!!

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM