CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: The Official Football League nPower Championship 2012/13 Season Bluebirds Promotion Thread

The ball is round Jantra
You have the misfortune of being a square...

Re: The Official Football League nPower Championship 2012/13 Season Bluebirds Promotion Thread

the Blues are going up. Tan can kiss my arse.

James
the Blues are going up. Tan can kiss my arse.

Well you were right, they are going up. Won't delve into the politic but looks amazing on the tv, almost as good as Grand Slam day!

Bola Tew
The ball is round Jantra
You have the misfortune of being a square...

Beer curry bluebirds
Sex drugs bluebirds
Peace love bluebirds

Ahh, the days of Intifada, WTBF, The Thin Blue Line and playing in blue of course. Eddie May, Carl Dale, Phil Stant, Paul Millar erm ....Gareth Abrahams etc etc. The legends of yore.

Odd but I used to get so excited about going to Aldershot in the back of a van and now we are in the Premier League I'm surprised by just how little it means to me. I'm very pleased of course but I thought I'd be ecstatic. Maybe I've grown out of it - I think that has something to do with it - but the whole change of kit and badge and the way it's been handled has really put some distance between me and the club.

Bluebirds!

Blue kit back please. And bring back the old badge. The Bluebirds.

Frank
Blue kit back please. And bring back the old badge. The Bluebirds.

Yes that would be amazing!! if VT wanted to raise his status to saintly levels then he would make these changes back! it's odd being grateful for him getting involved with Cardiff City which is surely how we managed to get this promotion and on the other hand wondering what kind of person completely changes our identity in the horrendous and uncaring way that he has? I'm presuming the type of person who is used to getting his own way - my way or the highway style. Still let's hope the vision of 'doing the right thing' comes to him and his next demand is that we return to blue!! Then he'll really know what it is to be loved and respected by 90+ % of the fans.

I did actually want to go last night, and missed it for the first time all season. It is pleasing to see more and more 'pro blue' stuff and great that Cardiff has a premier league team, but I must say it doesn't feel like Cardiff City for me.

I'm not fussed about it really. It's the economic benefits that I'm most interested in. I'm a huge football fan, so I'll follow the scores, may go to an odd game if offered a free ticket, but I feel like a Cardiff City fan temporarily suspended.

Now we are promoted, I can say with even more justification that the sooner Vincent Tan leaves the better.

James
I did actually want to go last night, and missed it for the first time all season. It is pleasing to see more and more 'pro blue' stuff and great that Cardiff has a premier league team, but I must say it doesn't feel like Cardiff City for me.

I'm not fussed about it really. It's the economic benefits that I'm most interested in. I'm a huge football fan, so I'll follow the scores, may go to an odd game if offered a free ticket, but I feel like a Cardiff City fan temporarily suspended.

Now we are promoted, I can say with even more justification that the sooner Vincent Tan leaves the better.

I know what you mean - and as much as I enjoyed the occasion last night I know I would've enjoyed it much more if VT hadn't done this horrendous and unnecessary rebrand rubbish!!

Good spot Karl. Wasn't sure if anyone would get the reference

Karl
Ahh, the days of Intifada, WTBF, The Thin Blue Line and playing in blue of course. Eddie May, Carl Dale, Phil Stant, Paul Millar erm ....Gareth Abrahams etc etc. The legends of yore.

Odd but I used to get so excited about going to Aldershot in the back of a van and now we are in the Premier League I'm surprised by just how little it means to me. I'm very pleased of course but I thought I'd be ecstatic. Maybe I've grown out of it - I think that has something to do with it - but the whole change of kit and badge and the way it's been handled has really put some distance between me and the club.

Bluebirds!

You would've had a bonus point if you'd mentioned the CCFC Attack cassette.

Ben
Karl

Bluebirds!

You would've had a bonus point if you'd mentioned the CCFC Attack cassette.

You know the manager of caaaaaaaaaaardiff? Wos his name?

CHAMPIONS

Walesonline announce there are plans afoot to increase the stadium capacity to almost 35,000 but it won't happen in time for the 2013/14 season as "procurement is likely to take up to a year".

I have it on good authority that this isn't quite true - work began on procurement almost a year ago but was halted when the stadium won the right to host the Bon Jovi concert in June. The concert orgnanisers didn't want the stadium to be part-building site during the concert, but the date couldnt be moved forwards or backwards a month because of Bon Jovi's schedule and the start of the football season.

So to all those fans complaining they can't get a ticket for next season in the Premier League, blame Bon Jovi!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-city-could-see-stadium-2998180

No real news, but I was just amused by how badly written this walesonline report about cardiff city is. It tells us that cardiff city are planning two friendly matches against teams from Spain and Italy in August. What amuses me is that given the title, the subtitle, and the first five paragraphs, we are told basically the same information in seven different ways. It's as if they were having a game to work how many different ways the same information could be ordered in.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-line-up-pre-season-4302574

Anyway, as I say, not that important.

Me
No real news, but I was just amused by how badly written this walesonline report about cardiff city is. It tells us that cardiff city are planning two friendly matches against teams from Spain and Italy in August.

Cardiff City line up pre-season friendlies against Spanish and Italian giants

The club is currently in negotiations to bring two continental clubs to the Cardiff City Stadium in the weeks leading up to the start of the Bluebirds’ historic campaign.

Malky Mackay is set to test his squad against the cream of Europe as the Bluebirds prepare for life in the Premier League.

WalesOnline can reveal that the capital club are planning two high-profile pre-season friendlies against Spanish and Italian opposition in August.

The club is currently in negotiations to bring the two unnamed continental clubs to the Cardiff City Stadium in the weeks leading up to the start of the Bluebirds’ historic campaign.

Firm details have yet to be finalised, but the fixtures will be played in the Welsh capital in the two weeks leading up to the start of the Bluebirds’ top-flight season on August 17.

Mackay believes top opposition from Spain’s La Liga or Italy’s Serie A would be the perfect opposition for his side to round off their preparations.

How badly written and repetitive can one article be?
This need only be one paragraph long

Someone's three favorite people!

"Cardiff City have renamed the Canton stand the Croeso stand as part of a sponsorship package with the Welsh Government.

The £110,000 deal will run from August 2013 to May 2014.

The Welsh Government says it will also purchase TV advertising time with Sky Sports during live Cardiff City games.

The Welsh Government has had an ongoing sponsorship investment with Swansea City since the team was promoted to the Premier League in 2011.

It says the aim of the new deal is to promote Wales to a worldwide audience."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-city-rename-canton-stand-5067986

who is that rather large woman who has obviously never seen the inside of a gym let alone a football ground?

Baywatcher
who is that rather large woman who has obviously never seen the inside of a gym let alone a football ground?

She's City's new signing.

Seriously wtf?? Advertising a government on Sky? It's either a stroke of genius or completely deranged. I'd like to see the cost benefit analysis on that one or perhaps the fag packet has been discarded.

And why is the Canton stand name being changed? Another boot in the ribs of the carcass that is Cardiff City.

Baywatcher

it's Comrade Hart, the secretary general of the peoples treasury

this sponsorship isn't all bad news. it really is the WG just making sure that Wales is seen visibly when the blue brazil are watched by billions globally. The sponsor the peg sellers so why not us?

we need to remember the Spar Family Stand was painted red (the canton to us city fans)...its no big deal.

1 2
CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM