CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cities Cardiff can aspire to be like?

By that I mean what kind of cities do you think that we should desire and aspire to copy in terms of infrastructure and such?

Cardiff will never be London. It'll never be an A++ city. It'll never be a cente of global banking. It'll never host an Olympic Games.

But Cardiff can take lessons from other cities.

It can recognise what works in one city, such as its infrastructure or the way that it handles retail, and incorporate similar things into itself.

What cities do you think we could take lessons from and why?

Serious answers please.

Re: Cities Cardiff can aspire to be like?

Do you ever tire??

Blee Dingobvious
Do you ever tire??

Nope!

Do you ever stop being a jaded, callous, pessimistic whiner Mr Dingobvious?

No need for that. I just felt that 59 posts since the turn of the year might be a little 'obsessive'. I don't think jantra has posted that often and he usually has something constructive to say......

Blee Dingobvious
No need for that. I just felt that 59 posts since the turn of the year might be a little 'obsessive'. I don't think jantra has posted that often and he usually has something constructive to say......

You've checked out the number of posts I've made? Well, isn't that a bit creepy...

As for the question of do I ever tire? I was a lurker on this site for a good year-or-so, so naturally I'll have a lot of questions to ask, and opinions to voice. I doubt that I'll be as "obsessive" by next January.

Oh, and thank you for clearing up the gender dispute. I though Jantra was a woman.

I've no objection to someone bringing a bit of life to this forum - and it's a good question.

I think you have to begin with what Cardiff is now. It's a Capital city who's economy is largely driven by the public sector. That's unlikely to change much.

It's relatively small but that doesn't mean it doesn't or can't have an international profile. Washington DC and The Hague are both realativly small capital cities albeit located within larger urban areas. Another small capital, albeit a planned one, is Canberra.

There are lessons to be learned from all sorts of places but in my view the biggest defficiency at the moment is how small the central "tourism area" is - comprising little more than the Castle and the National Museum and the area in between. Even worse it's bisected by two busy highways. We need new attractions, nightime eateries and thoughtful planning to extend that area by attracting vistors into Bute and Cathays Parks and to stretch the boundaries to include the New Theatre, RWCMD and the Sherman.

Lordcrow
Blee Dingobvious

You've checked out the number of posts I've made? Well, isn't that a bit creepy...

As for the question of do I ever tire? I was a lurker on this site for a good year-or-so, so naturally I'll have a lot of questions to ask, and opinions to voice. I doubt that I'll be as "obsessive" by next January.

Oh, and thank you for clearing up the gender dispute. I though Jantra was a woman.

It's a capital city of sorts Ash. There's no Ministry of Defence, Central Bank, Treasury, Foreign Office etc.

Leeds tends to get a good press, though I've never been there. Not actually that big a city but obviously the central point of a wider metropolitan area. Bit further from London than we are, to all intents and purposes the capital of Yorkshire.

당신은 정말 바보입니다. 여기의 모든 사람들에 웃음을

신은 정말 바보입니다. 여기의 모든 사람들에 웃음을

God is really stupid.Here, everyone laughs ??

Mr Kim,
Maybe you are dyslexic and really meant to type:-

개는 정말 맛있는 것입니다. 여기, 모두를 즐길 수

doG is really tasty. Here, everyone enjoys it.

완전히 읽으십시오

Kim
완전히 읽으십시오

난 니가 싫어.

Suddenly I'm no longer the only Korean here.

위대한 지도자는 기쁘게 생각 하지 것 이다

Kim
위대한 지도자는 기쁘게 생각 하지 것 이다

A great leader is not delighted (?)

Must be Jantra that is posting

Jeremy
Kim
위대한 지도자는 기쁘게 생각 하지 것 이다

A great leader is not delighted (?)

Must be Jantra that is posting

That's what I thought when I read it. .

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM