CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Plaid Cymru call for Welsh Government-owned Bank of Wales

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business-in-wales/business-news/2013/01/18/plaid-cymru-call-for-welsh-government-owned-bank-of-wales-91466-32632238/

Have they suddenly started taking Meth or something.

Re: Plaid Cymru call for Welsh Government-owned Bank of Wales

Dear troll,
This has gone too far now and is really annoying for everyone else. Please find something else to amuse yourself!
Thanks

Yeah, was on the iPhone and added that to the wrong thread!

Good job we have you to tell us which threads are 'real' (even though you sometimes make mistakes)

Simon_SW11
Dear troll,
This has gone too far now and is really annoying for everyone else. Please find something else to amuse yourself!
Thanks

Hi Simon,
There seems to have been a mistake. I'm not a troll, and I joined this forum to express my opinions, read about Cardiff related news, and to converse with people who have similar interests.
I'm not trying to annoy anyone.

However, there IS a person on here who gets his kicks out of posting stupid messages and questions under my name. Don't know who he is, but until I do, I'll just have to keep stating that it is the real me.

I'm as annoyed with this troll as you are, and I'm sorry for his actions.

Sincerely,
Lordcrow.

Getting back to the point - the idea of a Welsh Government owned business bank is a very sensible one. I presume that's what Plaid mean rather than a state-owned competitor for the high street banks.

All the German lander have their own Govenment owned banks and they're a cornerstone of the German economy. Basicaly they exist to give loans to small and medium enterprises directly - thus getting around problems that exist when the commercial banks are reluctant to lend regardless of how low-risk the loan application is.

I don't know the deatails of Plaid's plans but they're probably a development of the already existing "Finance Wales" rather than anything that involves retail banking.

Ash

I don't know the deatails of Plaid's plans but they're probably a development of the already existing "Finance Wales" rather than anything that involves retail banking.

this is what I don't get...FW already act as a VC for Welsh businesses, so I can only assume that Plaid are thinking of setting up a commercial bank lending division (as opposed to a true 'bank' that provides banking services), in which cash..how will that differ from what FW already offer?

Jantra
this is what I don't get...FW already act as a VC for Welsh businesses, so I can only assume that Plaid are thinking of setting up a commercial bank lending division (as opposed to a true 'bank' that provides banking services), in which cash..how will that differ from what FW already offer?

As understand it Finance Wales is hindered by banking regulations as it's not officially a bank. Official bank status would free it up. There seems to be a consensus that this needs to be done and various parties are jumping on the bandwagon. My guess is that it will happen. It won't transform the Welsh economy overnight but it's probably a good move.

Ash
Jantra

As understand it Finance Wales is hindered by banking regulations as it's not officially a bank. Official bank status would free it up. There seems to be a consensus that this needs to be done and various parties are jumping on the bandwagon. My guess is that it will happen. It won't transform the Welsh economy overnight but it's probably a good move.

I agree that it will probably happen.

If it does, we may very well see a surge in new businesses and establishments, which will at least perk up the economy.

Lordcrow
.......If it does, we may very well see a surge in new businesses and establishments, which will at least perk up the economy.....

Wish I had your faith, Vicar!

Lordcrow

I agree that it will probably happen.

If it does, we may very well see a surge in new businesses and establishments, which will at least perk up the economy.

you don't seem to acknowledge how inefficient the public sector is at decision making, how risk averse that sector is and how such ineffectiveness is amplified when you involve WG. I bet the starting rates of interest will make your eyes water.

Whilst I'm sure the intentions are benevolent enough, I'm pretty sure most of the funding will be taken up by petty bureaucracy rather than getting to front line lending (ok the last bit is OTT but I reckon there is some merit in the statement)

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM