CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Official RBS Rugby Six Nations 2013 Wales Grand Slam Thread

Move along now, nothing to see here.

Re: The Official RBS Rugby Six Nations 2013 Wales Grand Slam Thread

Come on you know how it works. We need a couple of years of being rubbish before we can then enjoy another Grand Slam in about 2017. As someone said, Welsh fans are bi-polar, we love it like this really.

has the 6 nations started already? I take it Wales played? who did they play and how did they get on?

Shhhh...trying to pretend none of it happened, although working on a Sunday in dusty Abu Dhabi with a hangover after we lost really did hammer home the pain.

This weekend I will be mostly hiding, it's going to be very painful I think.

I saw the front page of the Western Mail today. It makes me cringe a bit. I know a lot of people take the Rugby very seriously, but sometimes the way things are reported you'd think it was part of an existential national crisis. Does it consistently require front page attention? I guess the people at the paper know what sells.

Frank
I saw the front page of the Western Mail today. It makes me cringe a bit. I know a lot of people take the Rugby very seriously, but sometimes the way things are reported you'd think it was part of an existential national crisis. Does it consistently require front page attention? I guess the people at the paper know what sells.

the fact that circulation figures are plummeting year on year would indicate they don't

Have to agree with Jantra on this one. They sell around 30,000 copies a day (on a good day) not really what you'd expect for a 'national' newspaper.

Rugby matters not a jot to 99% of the world
Swansea's tenure in the Prem has done more for Wales than a thousand Grand Slam wins.

Now rugby may not matter a jot to 99% of the world but Wales got a win today so to me it feels rather good. With balance in mind I see Cardiff City are now 11pts clear of 2nd place. Not a bad sporting weekend.

Jantra
Frank

the fact that circulation figures are plummeting year on year would indicate they don't

The Western Mail's coverage of the WPL and the whole of the Welsh Soccer pyramid is dire and oblivious to progress.
Will not buy that paper whilst Paul Abbondund is in control.
Such a waste of a national paper

Decent result yesterday.
If in the unlikely event England beat Ireland today - Cardiff could have another major event on its hands when the English rock up to the Millenium stadium.
Do I really want the English to beat the Irish today in Dublin?

bola tew
Decent result yesterday.
If in the unlikely event England beat Ireland today - Cardiff could have another major event on its hands when the English rock up to the Millenium stadium.
Do I really want the English to beat the Irish today in Dublin?

I would respectfully suggest that you do and its that unlikely isnit. The odds of us beating England are greater than France beating Ireland. If Ireland win today they can realistically start thinking of the slam. Of course those odds are based on Wales backing it up against Italy and Scotland.

So the Saxons win in the Emerald Isle.
March the 16th could be a big event.

Personally I think that Jamie Roberts is well overrated.
Bigger is never good enough - bring in Hook.

Thought that was the worse French side I have seen in living memory.

Cough, how wrong could I have been!

Great day, bugger beating the English, it was about winning the Championship! We did that with a degree if aplomb. The SA is going down a treat.

Well done to Cardiff City, another step toward where you want to be.

Rhodri
Great day, bugger beating the English, it was about winning the Championship! We did that with a degree if aplomb. The SA is going down a treat.

Well done to Cardiff City, another step toward where you want to be.

fair play to Wales, they were extremely powerful with the back row doing a great job. The tackles were eye watering at times - the English lads took one hell of a lesson. Some great back play as well taking the chances when they came.

it was good to see - a far better performance than I was expecting. Wales were very patient in their approach - 23 phases at the English line before they went for the drop kick.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM