CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The NAW

debating the big issues that Westminster dare not touch

article 3.9 Naming the A470 ‘Prif Ffordd Tywysog Owain Glyndwr’

and to think we have to pay for this rubbish

Re: The NAW

I think it's called full employment for otherwise useless people

On the other hand, Westminster recently called back its mps and lords early for the sole purpose of mumbling insincere platitudes about a recently deceased octogenarian. At a cost of several million pounds.

What was the point of that?

colour wolf
On the other hand, Westminster recently called back its mps and lords early for the sole purpose of mumbling insincere platitudes about a recently deceased octogenarian. At a cost of several million pounds.

if you're referring to paying homage to the great one then it is only correct we show our gratitude toward someone who had bigger balls than Heath and was prepared to take on and smash the union menace. The Uk was a better place for her.

did you read Bluebirds over's post on CCMB...he was an ex miner. it was very enlightening and dismissed an awful lot of the nonsense spouted by the left regarding the miners views on Thatcher.

Jantra
colour wolf

if you're referring to paying homage to the great one then it is only correct we show our gratitude toward someone who had bigger balls than Heath and was prepared to take on and smash the union menace. The Uk was a better place for her.

did you read Bluebirds over's post on CCMB...he was an ex miner. it was very enlightening and dismissed an awful lot of the nonsense spouted by the left regarding the miners views on Thatcher.

In your opinion. It's not shared by everyone as I'm sure you know and the re-call of Parliament for (7 hours!) of tributes was a mistake. There's a rumour that the Speaker wasn't happy with Cameron and was bounced into it. That is NOT what Parliament is for. To me it looked very political - Cameron appeasing his right wing and hoping Labour would look sour. As for the military parade at the funeral that the Palace is said to have doubts about.....

Frank
Jantra
colour wolf

In your opinion. It's not shared by everyone as I'm sure you know and the re-call of Parliament for (7 hours!) of tributes was a mistake. There's a rumour that the Speaker wasn't happy with Cameron and was bounced into it. That is NOT what Parliament is for. To me it looked very political - Cameron appeasing his right wing and hoping Labour would look sour. As for the military parade at the funeral that the Palace is said to have doubts about.....

Any mp who wanted to comment on thatcher either positive or negatively would have had the media queueing up to take a quote, and that isn't even mentioning access to social media.
So there was absolutely no need to waste millions of taxpayers money in what was probably hoping that the opposition would let themselves down. Entirely inappropriate use of public funds.

Presumably your use of "great one" is intended to provoke a response, as I've only ever seen it on this and one other message board. It's a bit childish don't you think?
I take an interest in politics, and there isn't a politician dead or alive I would bestow such a moniker upon, not least one with such obvious flaws.

colour wolf

Any mp who wanted to comment on thatcher either positive or negatively would have had the media queueing up to take a quote, and that isn't even mentioning access to social media.
So there was absolutely no need to waste millions of taxpayers money in what was probably hoping that the opposition would let themselves down. Entirely inappropriate use of public funds.

Presumably your use of "great one" is intended to provoke a response, as I've only ever seen it on this and one other message board. It's a bit childish don't you think?
I take an interest in politics, and there isn't a politician dead or alive I would bestow such a moniker upon, not least one with such obvious flaws.

the fawning has been quite embarrassing. FWIW i think Glenda got it right speaking from the heart. Not that I agree with her but at least she said what she felt and spoke with conviction. If you can't tell the truth it is best to keep quiet.

having seen that post from a miner it has brought home why people dislike Thatcher. It really wasn't so much about the miners losing their jobs - they were happy they didn't have to go down the pits anymore, they got a handsome pay off and they were offered training by the government. The real issue is that the left wing trade unionists were given a pummeling and for a lot of people that was too hard to stomach. Wales is left leaning and for a government to take on and destroy the trade unions in the way they did is the underlying cause of resentment.

you speak to a lot of the miners and they have a soft spot for her. Big pay off, a life not working underground, opportunities to retrain in other trades. Those that took that opportunity moved on, those who did not only have themselves to blame. you cannot blame Thatcher if an ex miner does not take up the offer of training.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM