CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
photo test

Re: photo test

Ok the photo I posted above has a width of 1500px and yet on my browser it appears smaller but in proportion. I uploaded this photo and then used the bb code to display it. Gonna try with a large random photo from the internet next..

this image had an original width of over 2000px

OK my conclusion is that for some reason this forum does not like displaying flickr photos!!! god knows why - and he's a regular viewer of this forum so maybe he'll wise us up! But seriously folks.. (you mean you were trying to be funny!?) I really don't know why there is a problem with flickr photos, however if the photo posted is no wider than 720ish px then I'm sure distortion won't occur. OK I've got work to do so I'd better leave this query for now, the solution has not yet been found but is under investigation Have a nice day!

Cardiff Bay Sunrise

Does the above image work? I think if you use the code for the full-size image, the forum will scale the images and distort them. I've had a similar issue in the past.

Johnsy
Does the above image work? I think if you use the code for the full-size image, the forum will scale the images and distort them. I've had a similar issue in the past.

nice one johnsy, no distortion there - and what a wonderful photo!!

I've found that embedding the flickr code for smaller images works in the past so it doesn't have to scale the images. If people want the full size, they can follow the link to see it.

PS Thanks :)

I use Flikr but I resize my photos first to 500 wide which seems sensible for the size of text. The browser doesnt have to reduce it then.

I have always used the best resolution for the final production. the lager the resolution is not necessarily the best quality.

Bugger the photo display issues, Johnsy you take some stunners...and you've made me VERY homesick seeing that !

Can I please ask, how do I post an image on the forum? Thank you!

Thank you :)

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM