CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Green Spaces in Cardiff

I've been thinking for the past few nanoseconds about the number and quality of green spaces in Cardiff.
So I've decided to start a thread on here.

Are there enough green spaces in Cardiff? Or maybe too many. Gardens could be taking up room better used for housing under the proposed LDP. People don't use their gardens much in the winter. Maybe every autumn the gardens of Cardiff could be dug up and turned into temporary housing for students, then re-greened again in May?

Come on, Forumers! Give me your valuable opinions! Please?!
I visit places like Scunthorpe and Watford and I think Cardiff does badly in terms of green space. Bute park is an eyesore, too many trees growing willy-nilly and not enough Bukkake displays. Oops I mean Bonsai!

Tell me what your favourite bit of greenery is in Cardiff. Mine is a leaf on a variegated holly tree in Sofia Gardens. I saw it in 2011, but it may have dropped off by now. Obviously it's a bit yellow in places but it certainly brightened the place up!

Jantra, what do you think? As an expert on just about everything, do you agree that the green, green grass of home (Wales!) is less productive on a GVA (PPP) basis than the famed rainforests of your spiritual home, Rochdale? We need your considered input.

Re: Green Spaces in Cardiff

TheViscountRook
I've been thinking for the past few nanoseconds about the number and quality of green spaces in Cardiff.
So I've decided to start a thread on here.

Are there enough green spaces in Cardiff? Or maybe too many. Gardens could be taking up room better used for housing under the proposed LDP. People don't use their gardens much in the winter. Maybe every autumn the gardens of Cardiff could be dug up and turned into temporary housing for students, then re-greened again in May?

Come on, Forumers! Give me your valuable opinions! Please?!
I visit places like Scunthorpe and Watford and I think Cardiff does badly in terms of green space. Bute park is an eyesore, too many trees growing willy-nilly and not enough Bukkake displays. Oops I mean Bonsai!

Tell me what your favourite bit of greenery is in Cardiff. Mine is a leaf on a variegated holly tree in Sofia Gardens. I saw it in 2011, but it may have dropped off by now. Obviously it's a bit yellow in places but it certainly brightened the place up!

Jantra, what do you think? As an expert on just about everything, do you agree that the green, green grass of home (Wales!) is less productive on a GVA (PPP) basis than the famed rainforests of your spiritual home, Rochdale? We need your considered input.

fifteen papers, blend of skunk and resin - obviously

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM