CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oh Glammy Glammy

With just four overs to go in the semi final clash with Hampshire it appears Glamorgan County Cricket Club are heading to a Lords Final... Great achievement

Re: Oh Glammy Glammy

Wonder if they'll run special flights there from CWL?

hold on the M4 runs through South Wales into West London - if you get off at the M25 head north maybe two junctions and get on the M40 you can drive into London but a stone's throw from Lords.
Alternatively you could catch a train from any South Wales mainline station and travel into Paddington where you have the Underground Network at your mercy...
Or there are the bus services to London.., National Express and others so why LOL
Would their be demand for flights to Lords?

You don't recognise sarcasm, do you?

Oh silly me laugh out loud - I dunno Sarcasm the language of the devil the lowest form of wit...
Maybe he could have wondered whom Glamorgan were going to play in the final or whether they could win their first bit of silverware in a decade or if any other forum members were going to the Home of Cricket...
Or if Jim Allenby, Ben Wright, Micheal Hogan are the new generation of Glamorgan heroes...
Or if Lords would be full..
or if this is the start of a Golden Era
or if Sophia Gardens could be redeveloped further
Or if the return of Huw Morris is a positive change
Has county cricket been devalued of late
Is 20/20 cricket the way forward
Who was Glamorgan's most dynamic player?
Perhaps you don't recognise sporting achievement eh?
Or future opportunities...
But hey life goes on baby this is but a forum in cyberspace

He/she might - just might not be interested in Glamorgan CCC but then, in your world, you might- just might not have considered that!?

As a Hampshire supporter (albeit in fairly loose terms of the word), can I begrudgingly say well done Glamorgan, you were far better on the day.

Why Thank you Barden -Diolch Yn Fawr - it appears not everyone on the forum enjoys the sound of leather on willow- but hey do you believe the Yellow Daffodil can triumph in Lords?
I wouldn't just like it - I'd love it - cricket more than just a game.

I imagine Notts are strong favourites, but then again so were Hampshire. I expect Glamorgan need all their key players to perform well to win, whereas Notts have special kind of players (especially batting-wise) who can almost win a game single-handedly.

I know what you are saying about Notts with Read, Lumb, Hussey, Patel and Andre Adams can be one grizzly bear when he is in the mood but
Micheal Hogan, Jim Allenby, Dean Cosker, Ben Wright, Mark Wallace are all match winners and the team spirit is good so I think we have as good a chance as any under dawg
oh Glammy Glammy
Glammy Glammy Glamorgan
Ohhhhh

I imagine the 'Team Spirit' is good in the Notts team too. In the end, it is down to who has the 'run of luck' on the day. You know yourself that any team can have its 'off' day which can apply to either side. As a supporter of neither but one who is appreciative of a good game of cricket...I wish Good Luck to both teams! Bring it on!

Hmmmmmmmmm!! 'Nuff said!!

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM