CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quayside

Does anybody know what outlet is going into unit 2b (between Guy Christian hair salon ans Sainsbury)under the Quayside housing block?

The place is half way through being fitted out but I can find nothing from a quick look on the net.

Thanks is advance for your replies!

PS Please don't tell me if it's a Greggs.

Re: Quayside

I thought it was Top Gun chippy. No, honestly.

I do know they applied for that unit but not sure if they then decided to go for a unit in Mermaid Quay.

That does ring a bell now that you mention it. It isn't a particularly large unit so I could envisage it fitting into that floor space.

Top Gun is going in Mermaid Quay… the former Nat West unit I believe. Signs have been up for ages and fit-out is now underway.

The Co-op pharmacy are moving from Bute st into this unit.

From chips to a pharmacy!

Info and plans here http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=_CARDIFF_DCAPR_105236

Johnsy
The Co-op pharmacy are moving from Bute st into this unit.

The sum total of about 60 metres (as the crow flows)
My wife works for the Co Op and knew about this a while ago, but originally they were in discussions about the empty unit next to the Co Op food by Adventurer's Quay. Rent was too high apparently so they opted for this unit instead.

Ah, that'll be the little unit which has been empty for 6 years (ie since Celestia was built)!

It makes you wonder what planet some of these landlords are on to turn down an offer from a player like the Co-op.

Wizard
Ah, that'll be the little unit which has been empty for 6 years (ie since Celestia was built)!

It makes you wonder what planet some of these landlords are on to turn down an offer from a player like the Co-op.

Celestia, that's the one - I can never remember the name of the various appartment blocks down the bay.

Hasn't anybody come up with a rhyme to remember them all yet?

Wasn't the Celestia unit going to be a coop food store not a pharmacy?

RandomComment
Wasn't the Celestia unit going to be a coop food store not a pharmacy?

Co Op food has opened, but there is at least one other next to it.

The larger unit is (thank God). There is a smaller empty unit alongside (both sides in fact). I presumed Murfilicious was referring to one of those, although I'm surprised they didn't do a deal on 2 units if the parent co is the same.

The two units either side of the co-op are quite small, i cant imagine what will go in them other than small sandwhich shops or similar.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM