CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trams, a floating stage and a 2km golden sandy beach?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/trams-huge-floating-stage-2km-6038221

None of this will ever happen!

Re: Trams, a floating stage and a 2km golden sandy beach?

All very lovely, and I especially like the impressions of the Cardiff Bay station, but they need to concentrate on a new cardiff central before they even begin to think about a new cardiff bay station.

lol, what a waste of time. Yes, it looks terrific, but that's not the point. Will I get in the Western Mail if I design a 'concept' for the first Welsh Space Agency orbital space station and habitat?

With the kind of regurgitated pictures they're using it may as well be so...

Am I getting old, or just tired of seeing more pie in the sky nonsense?

Alec - Radyr
lol, what a waste of time. Yes, it looks terrific, but that's not the point. Will I get in the Western Mail if I design a 'concept' for the first Welsh Space Agency orbital space station and habitat?

Alec - Radyr

Pie in the sky? Now there's an idea....

Alec, please make sure to incorporate a Michelin starred revolving restaurant in the orbital because the ensuing dining experience would be a great asset for visitors to the Bay.

Ben in London
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/trams-huge-floating-stage-2km-6038221

I love a bit of pie in the sky, but this is just crap.

I reckon I could come up with better flights of fancy in about ten minutes.

A beach would be nice for about 5 minutes, but the lack of any tide to wash things away would mean that it would rapidly become Europe's largest ashtray.

The floating stage is a truly awful idea though. Anyone who went to the big noise festival on a miserable day in 1997 would be able to testify to that.

colour wolf
Ben in London

I love a bit of pie in the sky, but this is just crap.

I reckon I could come up with better flights of fancy in about ten minutes.

Turn the Bay into Cardiff International Flying Boat Airport. Centre of Cardiff to the Thames in London or the Hudson in New York. No runways and Mermaid Quay as international departures!

It's just people having ideas.

They're not particularly original or realistic ideas but why the hate?

Isn't an attempt to spark discussion and promote ambition a good thing?

A Cardiff with all that sounds lovely, unfortunately, it also is completely fictitious.

If this were Dubai, Singapore, or somewhere in the Caribbean I could see this happening, but we aren't. We don't have the money, and we don't have the drive.

How much would a project like this even cost?

I think there are some great ideas and certainly gives everyone something to think about.

All of this is achievable but not in the current economic climate but the beach would be rather easy to construct and the stage is great idea and something we started doing in Sydney a few years ago (look up Google images of Sydney Handa Opera on the Harbour). For a few months during summer a temporary stage is constructed with restaurants and bars and is very popular but we have the climate, it could be a washout in Cardiff.

There was actually plans in the late 90's to build a beach and even a small island on the north side of the barrage. If i remember right it was in the Echo.

Always aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll end up in the stars, as they say.

It's definitely pie in the sky, which is indeed a great name for a skycafe (btw), and we've all become more cynical after lots of false dawns - are we still able to mention the words "gl@$$ need1e" or do they carry a Scottish Play-like curse these days?

Will be interesting to understand why these plans for a beach seem to be a goer even though Igloo seemed to rule out the idea only last month (see here)

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM