CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
South-East Wales City Region name revealed tomorrow (Fri Mar 28)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/cardiff-feature-name-city-region-6885090

Cardiff WILL be in the name (well, duh).
Either Cardiff City Region or Cardiff Capital Region.

Re: South-East Wales City Region name revealed tomorrow (Fri Mar 28)

Greater Cardiff is less of a mouthful

Cardiff Capital Region it will be, just as Brussels Capital Region identifies itself in Flanders

Congratulations to that committee on their achievements, it has taken one year, but they must be proud a name, have they managed a logo also? that would be some acclomplishment

I'm not sure I can handle the suspense.

Simon_SW17
Greater Cardiff is less of a mouthful

I would be more comfortable with Greater Cardiff.

surprised we haven't plumped for:

International Cardiff Quarter

Cardiff International Are(n)a?

Ash
I'm not sure I can handle the suspense.

Don't worry Ash - it won't be long now. Sure to be breaking news going viral come midnight.

But will it be 'Rhanbarth Ddinesig Caerdydd' or 'Rhanbarth Prifddinas Caerdydd'? I just can't see that second one working. I think it would alienate inward investors from Gwynedd and Ceredigion.

Damn you, "Ben in London"! I haven't slept for the last twenty four hours and still nothing!

I have as a good a sense of humour as the next man but using something as important as the possible name of our city-region for some sort of sick practical joke turns my stomach! Shame on you!

Yes I was expecting this as our big news of the day, and... nothing! Reckon they saw simon's
suggestion.... "Cardiff International Are(n)a?" and murfs... "International Cardiff Quarter"
and are having a last minute rethink!!

Metro system is top priority for newly named Cardiff Capital Region

A metro system for South Wales will be the top priority for the newly named Cardiff Capital Region.

The body, which represents an area from Newport to Bridgend, was officially unveiled on Friday at the Institute of Welsh Affairs.

Cardiff Capital Region chairman and WRU chief executive Roger Lewis said a metro transport system for South Wales was the number one priority of the region’s list of transformative projects.

He said: “We recognise the Metro as more than a public transport project and its great potential to have an impact on people, business and communities across the region.”

The news follows a public disagreement between the Welsh Government and the UK Government over which side should pay for the electrification of the rail links with the Valleys in South Wales.

awesome name, how long to come up with what is in essence like greater Manchester and greater London, greater Cardiff.

but then again you have roger as chairman, he should really concentrate on the day job as currently that 300k position is a mess.

metro, metro, metro - none of this is new, who is paying for it? we can't even pay for the pre cursor which is electrification. some of the rail stuff in the metro plans we'll get - its been on the planning board for years.
the tram elements no chance at all.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM