CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chapter Pase Two

I know Chapter and the people there very well. It does always seem busy there and of course a lot of those people will be visiting the bar. But they've got multiple events on every day. Films obviously but all kinds of classes too.

That said not everyone is keen on the change. I do hear people say they long for the 'old' chapter, it's all full of 'yummy mummies' now. A feeling it has somehow lost its edge.

Re: Chapter Pase Two

Frank
That said not everyone is keen on the change. I do hear people say they long for the 'old' chapter, it's all full of 'yummy mummies' now. A feeling it has somehow lost its edge.

And in some ways I'm one of those people - but organisations have to change to survive and flourish.

Chapter led a hand to mouth existance for the best part of forty years with no financial reserves and with a lease on the building that was less than secure.

It's something different now - an important cultural and economic engine for the city. A lot of the art is still pretty radical but yes, the atmosphere in the public area is more sedate and 'family friendly' these days. Mind you, you still get the odd rumble on a friday night!

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM