CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unused basement/warehouse/building in Cardiff needed

Hi guys, bit of a long shot! But we are looking for an unused basement/warehouse or building in Cardiff that can hold about 500 people to gain a Temp Events Notice and put on a party there. We would work with the owner on some form of hire fee, we would take all of the risk to make the night work and do all of the promo etc. We are already an established night and have had quite a few big headliners over the last 6 months and have a captive and friendly audience, just looking to try something different as a pose to the normal venues - clubs!

If you know of any place or anyone with a spare space available doing nothing then we'd love to speak to them!

Thanks for your time!

Re: Unused basement/warehouse/building in Cardiff needed

Old skool rave, happy days

There's a building on the corner of penarth road and trade street lane which has previously been used by 2.8 hours laterfor zombie discos which could work. Must've been about 500 in there. I have no further details.

Thank you :) I will ask the organisers if they know more

That was a great lead Dav thank you, the guys think it's going to be demolished soon though, but are checking the contact details for me, anyone else?

No worries DPEDEN, keep us informed with progress.

Someone earlier mentioned units on Curran Road? Know anything about them at all? Or is it a question of just driving down and having and ask about?!

The Point?
Jacobs antiques upstairs room?
Warehouse by Canal Park by Callaghan Sq pedestrian link was used for some arts event not long ago.

Surely the Point is out of the question -it's an Islamic community centre is it not?

How many people does the vault of the Natwest bank take? Probably far too small but it's worth researching.

Dumballs Road area (which includes a few of the already mentioned suggestions) is probably your best bet by far.

A real long shot would be to contact ABP - although I doubt the H&S issues would elicit their interest!

Hi Both thanks for your input! It's funny you should say Jacobs antiques, a friend of mine is doing this exact thing on a monthly basis right now in the basement of the centre!

What and who are ABP?? Worth a shot who ever they are, we would be doing proper Temp Event Notice so the council would have to ok it anyway and their not too bad with things like this as a few of my friends have done it over the years! Which warehouse by Canal Park mate? Any chance there's an image of it you can attach / show? Just trying to picture that area of town!

The natwest bank vault, is this the one being used currently for parties (On bute street), if so pretty much cannot get a look in as the guys there have their events monthly and no room for others! If it's a different one then let me know!

Thank you so much for your ideas!

Not sure what's going on there but the main hall in the coal exchange is fantastic venue for it's acoustics. I know it was Van Morrison's fav venue due to it's acoustics and the intimacy felt there.

The old Tramshed / Council Maintenance Depot is vacant and on the market - it maybe a bit close to housing though.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM