CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
where is Cardiffs 30 story skyscraper

Why hasnt Cardiff got something a little different, like a 30 story skyscraper with a restaurant on top ?
I think Cardiff thinks too small at times.

Re: where is Cardiffs 30 story skyscraper

Not through want of trying Michael, many plans which haven't come to fruition.

Don't mention the Glass Needle to Paul...

Michael Green
Why hasnt Cardiff got something a little different, like a 30 story skyscraper with a restaurant on top ?

I'm not sure a skyscraper with a restaurant on top counts as 'different'!

Ash
Michael Green

I'm not sure a skyscraper with a restaurant on top counts as 'different'!

In Cardiff it would be!!

Actually 2 are proposed for the sports village - We know bayscape has plans for a restaurant on the 26th floor and I think that the other one by the snow dome is going to have a viewing platform. But when and indeed if both of these developments happen seem somewhat up in the air (pardon the pun). So I'm saving up to give the capital tower a make over, offices upto 15th floor hotel 16th to 26th with another 5 added on top which would be restaurant - bar - observation platform and the cardiffwalesmap hq office / penthouse suite!!

Just to expand on my last post - this is one of my 'sketches' for my plans for capital tower, the proposal has been received well!....

Just a slight shortfall in cash at the moment!! about £40m?!!

They seem to have started on your design already Paul from this picture

I don't like the mix of colours though

It hadn't ocurred to me that Capitol Tower will be more or less vacant when Admiral move out. It still makes me cross that the Herbert house was demolished to make way for it.

The plinth doesn't look too bad after its turn of the century refurb - but the tower itself is a bit of carbunkle.

Ash
It hadn't ocurred to me that Capitol Tower will be more or less vacant when Admiral move out. It still makes me cross that the Herbert house was demolished to make way for it.

The plinth doesn't look too bad after its turn of the century refurb - but the tower itself is a bit of carbunkle.

I mentioned this on here a while back. We've talked loads about the new building, naturally, but it's one heck of an empty building for the city and I've not heard a thing about any plans the owners may have for it.

I never realised it had replaced such a building though !

There is another bigger pic of it in this photo stream, that has restricted usage so I cant easily post it here directly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cardiffhistory/5387036123/in/photostream/

Simon_SW17
Not through want of trying Michael, many plans which haven't come to fruition.

Don't mention the Glass Needle to Paul...

maybe in the future. The glass needle not going ahead was a shame, would have made Cardiff stand out

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM