CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: City Centre Retail

Retail news is extremely slow in Cardiff right now! Birmingham have just had a stream of new announcements

I thought Clintons would have been in St Davids 1 around Blue Inc and Krispy Kreme!

What units are vacant in St Davids 2? Who do we think could occupy these units?

Me
The 'Paddy Power' signs are now visible on the old Bauhaus unit on the St Mary St indoor market entrance. Yuck. Needless to say it doesn't really carry the character of the building.

Due to open Friday, it's a shame there are more bookies than banks on the High Street these days but at least it's not another Ladbrokes, Coral or Betfred

can somone takes pics?? thanks!

I think it could work - minus the food theatre that was originally on the top floor, if an upmarket department store was located there - it would bring in the shoppers.
BYW - does anyone have any updates on BHS I undersand they were looking for new premises 6 months after the old store closed - i wonder if they will take over the Primark shop opposite......................

Jon T Pierce

BYW - does anyone have any updates on BHS I undersand they were looking for new premises 6 months after the old store closed - i wonder if they will take over the Primark shop opposite......................

I seem to remember someone saying the Primark planned to use both sites. Difficult to think where BHS would go - I can't see them paying SD2 rents - maybe somewhere in SD1 or Queen's Arcade?

I had a shock when I saw the current state of the old BHS when I walked past today. It's a near total demolition job really isn't it? All that currently remains are the original pilings and a roof!

I felt the same. It seems pretty much a new build.

Brilliant! I love pieminister.

JW
Retail news is extremely slow in Cardiff right now! Birmingham have just had a stream of new announcements

I thought Clintons would have been in St Davids 1 around Blue Inc and Krispy Kreme!

What units are vacant in St Davids 2? Who do we think could occupy these units?

The three units between Thorntons and Blue Inc are currently in solicitors hands

Last time I was home I noticed that Select had taken the former Internacionale unit and left their smaller one next door, I think these may be the ones you mention.

Bon Marche is taking on the old Select unit. Nothing to get excited about, but it does mean that this arcade has a bit of a niche of value fashion.

Bijou Brigitte has closed down in this arcade & Shoe Zone has closed and moved a few doors down into ModelZone!

So weird, this moving around business!

Its not that weird - stores often move around to upsize or downsize, to free up more appropriate space for other retailers etc.

In other news, A. Eagle has confirmed its first 3 locations for the UK - Westfield London and Stratford, and Bluewater. Its choice of Bluewater suggests it doesn't think it will be that reliant on the tourist market (which can often be very important in central London and even the Westfields). So Cardiff might be in line a couple of years down the line. It does seem like the kind of brand that could do well given Cardiff's demographic.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM