CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Admiral HQ progress photos

Maybe 3/4 floors higher, a few commercial units on ground floor, maybe like an extension of Barack Lane and it can be a pincer movement on the Rapport site. Then rebuild Motorpoint Arena and put 35+ tower (with obligatory roof top bar and restaurant) where Harlech Court is and then you've got me where I live!!!!!

colour wolf
sadly i think the oldest mosque in the uk didn't turn out to be in cardiff, I think an academic determined that seemed to have been a typo.

That was Sophie Gillead Ray. I may be wrong on this but I seem to remember that she withdrew her "typo" theory.

Why do they always have to use the word exciting...

Come and see our exciting new menu...
Come and look at our exciting new bus route...
Come and visit our exciting new development

Perhaps the people who write this really need to understand they are using exciting in the wrong context. Certainly it doesn’t excite me at all.

Jantra
Why do they always have to use the word exciting...

Come and see our exciting new menu...
Come and look at our exciting new bus route...
Come and visit our exciting new development

Perhaps the people who write this really need to understand they are using exciting in the wrong context. Certainly it doesn’t excite me at all.

I agree with you there there about the proliferation of "exciting" to spice up that rather mundane subject matter(Oh no, I agree with Jantra about something! shoot me now! )

Off-topic, but related is the inappropriate use of "professional" on certain items. A "Braun Oral B Professional Toothbrush" - seriously!? Teeth brushing is apparently a skill and profession? Who knew?

And don't get be started on the inappropriate use of the word "luxury". I saw a "Luxury BlueTooth Headset". Ah! Such pure luxury, wearing that headset and earpiece stuck in your ear, no doubt(!)
What next, I fully expect to see "Luxury Pile Cream".

Wasn't that site going to be a YHA youth hostel at one point? They've struggled to make up their minds about a more central location in Cardiff for years. First this, now the Coal Exchange.. etc..

To return to the Newport Admiral building, here is some info on the planned mixed use scheme anchored by Admiral, called Station Quarter:

http://stationquarternewport.com/index.html

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM