CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prospect Place - the return of!

The render doesn't show the west side only the south and east

Baywatcher
I've been lurking on these pages for longer than I care to remember and never said anything before!

I see that at this moment a lorry is delivering reinforcing rods to the Prospect Place tower.

Would it be interesting to the group if I set up a web cam in due course?

My latest information is that the men working on site are laying a concrete base for the crane which will be used for the tower construction. That's no doubt what the 'reinforcing rods' are for.

Work on the actual tower construction was supposed to commence at the end of February but this has been delayed for a couple of weeks. When it does eventually begin, the Promenade will be closed off for the duration.

How long do we reckon this will take? 1 year? I guess if they are continuing on from where they left off then the ground work is already done.

Their original 'plan' was to start selling apartments towards the end of this year. I don't know if this is still the case.

I have a feeling the flat bit just above the men in high visibility coats will be a garden similar to the others in the development. They are mainly lawned and are mowed at regular intervals.

Baywatcher
I have a feeling the flat bit just above the men in high visibility coats will be a garden similar to the others in the development. They are mainly lawned and are mowed at regular intervals.

That will be a 'podium'. It will be reached (on the side of the photograph where the men are)by steps not yet in place. As can be seen in the picture, the concrete on this 'podium' has been 'tar sealed'(there is car parking below) so it could well be turfed but may be just paved.

From the Planning details:

“The open space on the podium shall be open, readily accessible from the Bayside footpath and available for use, during daylight hours or from 0800hrs to 1800hrs daily, whichever is the longer, unless otherwise agreed by the local planning authority in writing. Reason: To ensure adequate pedestrian access and to allow public use of the open space”.

T block will be the tallest building at the ISV built at the present time, however if they actually go ahead and build the ISV, there are plans for a 32 storey tower and I believe the 2 apartment blocks canteleering into the water will be quite high. They have started some ground work for the ISV, launched the prelim sales brochure and currently sequence homes are advertising for a sales person specifically for the ISV homes at Cardiff Point. Apologies, slightly off topic!

Or diving in to the bay a la Mexico stylee

Bellway could ask me to do the photography! I would so love to get to the top of a crane and I wouldnt ask for anything for travel expenses.

TheLorddCrow
Oh sunshine, wherefor art thou?

"Why are you sunshine?"

Johnsy
I would love to get up there and shoot a panoramic of the City.

if you want a great view of the Cardiff skyline, there is a bench on a triangle of green space near the junction of Salop street and Coronation terrace in Penarth. The views from there are uninterrupted. Paget road and Harbour View Road do have decent views too but fencing and foliage tend to interrupt them.
You wont be able to get a panorama from that bench, but some great shots of the city centre are possible.

B. Lee Dingobvious
Johnsy

if you want a great view of the Cardiff skyline, there is a bench on a triangle of green space near the junction of Salop street and Coronation terrace in Penarth. The views from there are uninterrupted. Paget road and Harbour View Road do have decent views too but fencing and foliage tend to interrupt them.
You wont be able to get a panorama from that bench, but some great shots of the city centre are possible.

agree with Harbour view road. another good spot in Penarth is the brow of the St augustines Place). It is narrow but you do get a really good view of the cityscape.

Jantra
B. Lee Dingobvious
Johnsy

agree with Harbour view road. another good spot in Penarth is the brow of the St augustines Place). It is narrow but you do get a really good view of the cityscape.

Yes I know where you mean. The best view of all are the top floor windows of the houses on Church Place South. I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time there as a child, but the last time I was there was when Helmont House had been completed. The view then was staggering but I would imagine it is more impressive now as more has been built in Cardiff.
Some fellow Plaid members were lucky enough to go up St Augustine's church tower a couple of years ago. A 360° panorama from that viewpoint would be orgasmic.

Gail
The sales office was due to open today, but has been delayed to Sat 6th April as they're still looking at prices.

mothballed?

I want the top floor! how many apartments is that I wonder? coupla lottery wins maybe. If not the whole floor I'd settle for the front right corner

Just as an update they are currently laying reinforcing rods on the floor now they seem to have finished the woodwork. Nothing much to photograph.

paul cardiffwalesmap
Gail
The sales office was due to open today, but has been delayed to Sat 6th April as they're still looking at prices.

mothballed?

I want the top floor! how many apartments is that I wonder? coupla lottery wins maybe. If not the whole floor I'd settle for the front right corner

The top floor is 3 apartments. The top couple of floors have no balconies / outside space, and aren't 'penthouse style' as in they follow the same layout as the floors below. Plans are here: http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-applications/files/29B735E6786B3890DF7B51B04B8CFE70/pdf/12_01384_DCI-6288115A21323590000.PDF-901373.pdf

The best floor would be the 14th floor, as it has the only apartment with a proper terrace. It is also positioned to get the sun in the living area. Plans are here: http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-applications/files/5F6C7C7E00A2F4F8D1FF2B910D2280AB/pdf/12_01384_DCI-6288114A21323590000.PDF-901372.pdf

The lower floors have a standard design, similar to the upper floors, except with balconies. From experience of the apartments at Ferry Court, the apartments on the right would have the best views, however, these receive no sun at all. In winter you need the heating on constantly. I imagine it to be similar to this, except without the balcony accessible from the lounge http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40545632.html

The apartment nearest the front on the right does have a balcony, and would get limited sun (due to the design of it being 'boxed in'). This is personal opinion, but, I wouldn't want people traipsing through my bedroom to get to the balcony. In terms of apartments with the best sunlight, this would be the 2 bed at the back left. This has the most open balcony design, the sun will be on this most of the day, however, it has the least water views. Plans are here: http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-applications/files/C89C9F40D3597622B211AB88B48277E1/pdf/12_01384_DCI-6288102A21323590000.PDF-901370.pdf

I believe Ferry Court is very similar to Watermark in this respect, you can have the view, or you can have the sun (when it does shine that is).

FYI in terms of prices, I know the Watermark penthouse is up for over half a million, and the most expensive penthouse sold at Ferry Court a little while ago for just under $450k. A 2 bed in my block with a large terrace was on the market for £235k a little while ago and sold relatively quickly.

Hope that was of some interest

Baywatcher
The render doesn't show the west side only the south and east

fair point

The tower block should be finished in two weeks at the latest and a number of residents are in the process of moving in (Bellways contractors have stopped parking in the tower block area of the car park as of this morning).

The tower is very nearly finished. On this side the balconies have all been added and the paintwork finished. The garden area is also nearly finished. They have erected a gate and fence and are working on surfacing the promenade. I would guess there is only about a week left to go.

Any pictures of the other sides of the building? Be interesting to what it looks like especially in comparison to the render. By the looks of things this is the side where the architect gave up. Unless the render is another lie.

The tower is almost ready for the residents! They have started to remove the last of the scaffolding. They are also now building the Promenade which leads to the cafe(?) which looks as if it is pretty well finished. Also the garden area seems to be nearly ready too.

The new flats are doing well. I guess they will only have two more floors before they put the roof on.

Baywatcher
The tower is almost ready for the residents! They have started to remove the last of the scaffolding. They are also now building the Promenade which leads to the cafe(?) which looks as if it is pretty well finished. Also the garden area seems to be nearly ready too.

The crane has to be dismantled before the Promenade and Podium gardens can open and that can't happen until it is no longer required for work on the two lower blocks under construction at the moment.(the other crane can't reach all parts)

I understand that there is zero interest in the 'cafe' at the moment.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM