CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In the Media
Re: In the Media

Not the best writing I've ever seen! Can something be "relatively lower"?

What if you have a cousin in, say, Swansea or Newport?

The whole article is badly written and just doesn't flow well. I don't think it's a particularly good reflection of Cardiff either. And who wants more graffiti?

I agree. It's really poorly written. I also don't think she knows Cardiff all that well. The list of bars, shops, etc that she refers to in her later comment is indicative of the hipster-lite subset you often find in the city. It's easy to forget when you are floating in your Chapter Arts Centre - the Gate-Milgi Lounge bubble that Cardiff is a working class city and that people like to get pissed on the weekend.

I also find it annoying when people make sweeping, derogatory comments about 'modern architecture' without expressing what they mean. The RWCMD for example? Or the WMC or the Senedd? Saying modern stuff is rubbish is just lazy.

Karl
I agree. It's really poorly written. I also don't think she knows Cardiff all that well. The list of bars, shops, etc that she refers to in her later comment is indicative of the hipster-lite subset you often find in the city. It's easy to forget when you are floating in your Chapter Arts Centre - the Gate-Milgi Lounge bubble that Cardiff is a working class city and that people like to get pissed on the weekend.

I also find it annoying when people make sweeping, derogatory comments about 'modern architecture' without expressing what they mean. The RWCMD for example? Or the WMC or the Senedd? Saying modern stuff is rubbish is just lazy.

wash your mouth out (I know you are only making a point). IMHO the RWCMD is a beautiful building that blends city centre with stunning parkland. The author clearly has porridge for a brain

She's responsible for creating the 'We Are Cardiff' blog. So I imagine she actually knows a fair bit more about the city than some here would care to admit.

I did draft a reply to Paramore's post but it was deemed as spam and I can't be bothered re-drafting it umpteen times to try and get past the draconian filters. The gist of it was that the article irritated me for reasons I can't fully articulate and it came across as superficial and trite.

Karl
I did draft a reply to Paramore's post but it was deemed as spam and I can't be bothered re-drafting it umpteen times to try and get past the draconian filters. The gist of it was that the article irritated me for reasons I can't fully articulate and it came across as superficial and trite.

Cachi Tarw - that gets past the spam filter

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM