CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hampton Hotel Bute Street - take 2!!

In the latest planning decisions it says "Deemed Withdrawn" for the whole Skyview Estates re-development that used to be called Merchant Quarter

It's a bloody shame as there are a few decent buildings and a plot of land (the car park) sat there wasted.

I wonder if the owners of the land just plan on sitting on it or if there's some other use planned for it that hasn't been publicised yet ?

There was some work done on the old Post Office and Cory Chambers last year. I'm presuming that was done to ensure they were structuraly sound and weather-proof - so they could be planning on sitting on the site.

I think the best bet for the site is some kind of resi-hotel redevelopment. The Bay could do with another hotel, and the apartment market will come back.

I don't think theres much hope for more office development (with the exception of perhaps another media building) for quite a few years in the bay, given the focus on the Central and Callaghan Square areas and Capital Quarter.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM