CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

whitchurch map
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
never say die on the forum front!!

Just thought I'd better post something to keep my belief in an active whitchurch forum going!! Anyway if you're just passing through then please say hi! or if you have a comment to make that's whitchurch related, we want it here... (I won't give up y'know!! )

Re: never say die on the forum front!!

Has anyone read John Tripp's poem Eglwys Newydd?

It is pretty run of the mill but once bit made me smile:

"It is one of the settlements
Rowland Lee would have praised,
being cleared of swarthy troublemakers
and neutered of Welshry. Dic Penderyn
would have yawned his head off"

I guess written before the unstoppable march of the Deli! (Yes I know I am way off the pace)

Re: never say die on the forum front!!

Cheers Rhodri - so nice to know there's someone out there! are you from whitchurch? I was born there - in kyle avenue. I'm no longer a resident but my mum lives in st margarets road so I return on a weekly basis. I went to Eglwys Newydd boys school (showing my age here!!) and then Whitchurch High School. Living in Strangetown now so I can keep a close eye on the ever changing (I wish) city centre skyline!! from my attic. Prior to christmas met up with some old school buddies in whitchurch for some bevvies on a saturday night and couldn't believe how much was going on in the village, it's got a lot of what town has to offer but without that 'wild west' feel

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM