Return to Website

Country Music European Playlists Forum

Welcome to the European CMA Playlist Forum. All Country Music European DJs, MD's and stations can submit their playlist for consideration. All artists, managers or other people of the industry can submit their comments to the playlists. For press releases or any other comments use our message board. DO NOT POST MESSAGES THAT AREN'T PLAYLISTS OR ANSWERS TO DJ'S PLAYLISTS!!!

Country Music European Playlists Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Hank Williams Sr. Comp CD-worth checking out

Not all greatest hits compilations are created equal. The new Hank Williams Sr. CD "Hank Williams: 28 Original Hits In Stereo!" is truly a standout disc (in a whole ocean of compilation albums) due to its superb mastering, production and stereo sound.

Released by Hit Parade Records (Toronto), this 28 song collection is a must have for Hank Sr. fans both young and old and covers songs that he recorded throughout his whole career. Older fans who have already heard these songs countless times will be impressed by the fresh sound (not like 78s!) and newer fans will be given a very solid introduction to the music due to the generous sampling of tracks on the CD.

As an added bonus, there is a 12 page booklet that covers Hank's life from his early years through the time of his death and even features a decent amount of info on the years that followed to show how Hank's legacy has lived on.

With 28 tracks, you know there will be standards such as Your Cheatin' Heart, Kaw-Liga, Jambalaya (On The Bayou), but there are also a couple of songs (Ramblin' Man and No No Joe) Hank released as Luke the Drifter. This CD features a very generous 73 minutes of music --all on a single disc. It is available from Ericrecords.com (where you can hear sound samples of all the tracks) and other websites.

As a sad note for those who only stream or download music, digital files of this disc are not available, but having a physical hard copy of such great music is, in my opinion, always better. Besides people have shown me their collection of CDs, records and cassettes, but nobody has ever shown me their "collection" of music files. This is a must have for your CD music collection.