Message Room

Welcome. Feel free to post a message.
We hope that you will meet other womyn with similar interests, make new friends, or even find a traveling companion for Womynfest At Sea. The fun starts now! The fun starts here!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RECENT ALASKA TRIP

I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE ALASKA TRIP (6/29/07) WHICH WAS WONDERFUL, BUT I FELT I NEEDED TO POST THIS FOR FUTURE GALS INTERESTED IN MEETING OTHER WOMEN, ESPECIALLY BEING SINGLE. I DID THIS CRUISE, AND NOT AN OLIVIA CRUISE BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE AT LEAST 600 WOMEN....... IT TURNED OUT TO BE ONLY 205.... THE POINT I NEED TO MAKE IS THAT IT WOULD BE GOOD BUSINESS, CUSTOMER SERVICE WISE, TO INFORM PEOPLE AS TO THE REAL NUMBERS SO AS TO MAKE OTHER ARRANGELMENTS..... THE FINAL NUMBERS PRESENTED TO ME, BY ELAYNE SIEGEL AT AMERITRAVEL WAS 400. I DECIDED TO GO WITH THAT AND CONTINUE WITH MY ARRANGEMENTS. I MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT WHAT INTERESTED ME WAS THE NUMBER OF WOMEN THAT WOULD STILL PARTICIPATE, AND AGAIN BEING SINGLE, THAT THE NUMBERS WERE GOOD, AND THAT FINANCIALLY IT WAS STILL A GOOD DECISION.

UNFORTUNTALEY NOT ONLY WAS THE TURN OUT POOR, BUT THE LACK OF ORGANIZATION AS TO ANY EVENT POSTINGS WERE POOR, ESPECIALLY FOR SINGLES. LAST MINUTE POSTINGS WERE DONE DUE TO REQUESTS, WHICH WAS SOMETHING IN ADVANCE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLANNED. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FELT THIS WAY. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE QUITE A NUMBER OF WOMEN WHO WILL NOT RETURN. FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN A GAY CRUISE FOR WOMEN, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE SINGLE, ASK, AND MAKE YOUR DECISION AT THE VERY END.

First 3 digits of your zip/postal code: 33426

Re: RECENT ALASKA TRIP

I think it is a rather silly expectation to meet single women on a cruise. We are not gay men looking for sex in any available bathroom. Most cruisers (just because of the cost) are generally older to begin with anyway. This was an event that had women from all over the country attending. To think you would meet someone is not realistic. To find fault with the cruise is ridiculous. It was fantastic. Yes, it was not perfect, but what is? This was never advertised as a way to meet girls but as an affordable (less than Olivia) option for a GROUP of women (we were a group on the ship-not the entire ship.) If you want to meet single women-please let the rest of us know where that cruise is going because only the boys seem to have them. Perhaps you wouldn't mind spending the next year organizing it all for us.

First 3 digits of your zip/postal code: 065

Re: Re: RECENT ALASKA TRIP

I guess the experience is different for everyone, and I can't speak for the single gals, but from my perspective the opportunity to go on a cruise with 200+ women and still be able to bring straight female and gay male family with us was the best of both worlds for us. We chatted with a number of friendly and interesting women, and found that we didn't have time to participate in all the varied activities available. To be able to see Alaska at the best time of year, smooth seas and abundant wildlife, on a very posh ship, I can't say enough about it!

First 3 digits of your zip/postal code: 945

Re: RECENT ALASKA TRIP

We were also disappointed with the turnout. It would have been nice to have taken over 1/3 of the ship and still have both worlds of entertainment to enjoy.

This was our third cruise. We've decided our future vacations will be on land.

First 3 digits of your zip/postal code: 337