Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who else lived in my Oriana Engineer Cabin

When I first Joined Oriana in '76, I was dumped in the "Rabbit Hutch" just outside the Engineers Accomm (which, as my nickname was Bunny, I suppose was fate). When I was given the chance to move I promptly moved to DC141, despite it being next to the 2/E/O. (Brian Love, then Bruce Waller). The late Peter Bennett was in the next cabin and he was followed by Bob Parsons (who I sailed with aboard Uganda).

I remember there being some orange coloured crepe paper in the light fitting giving the cabin a less harsh glow in the evenings (I wonder why?!)

Where are you from: Northampton (originally Swindon)

Wow great print of Jimi Hendrix on the bulkhead. Shame about Prince .Eric Clapton was being interviewed a few years ago one question was . How does it feel to be the best guitarist in the world he replyed I don't know you better ask Prince. 50s that's way to young.

Where are you from: mornington vic au

Peter

I was mad about Jimi Hendrix and still love the blues guitar music.

When I left Australia to join P & O in June 1970, I intended to see Jimi Hendrix somewhere. All the other JEs were astounded that a boy from Australia even knew about Jimi. Unfortunately Jimi died early on my first trip (I think August or September 1970). I remember the boilermaker making a special trip down to the engine room to give me the news.

Where are you from: Bilgola - Sydney Northern Beaches

Greg
I to am a huge fan of blues guitar and Hendrix who can forget Gloria, Dolly Dagger, and the great Little Wing.Still sad to see Prince gone.

Where are you from: mornington vic au