Open Forums

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.

Forum: Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Made contact with pals off the Arcadia late 60's

Hi Old Seadogs,
On 21st Jan,this tear I placed an article in the Daily Mail,Saturday edition to chase
6 pals that sailed together 14th Set 1967-3rd April 1969 & we were Bedroom Stewards.
A photo of us [1st July 1968] on a beach at Palma Nova,last port of call to England was shown & I was looking for Terry Morris,Canvey Island,Essex,Brian Banks,Coventry,
Donovan Youngman,Ipswich,Ian Balls,Beccles,Suffolk,Norman Henthorne,South Coast,Robert Linden,Belfast but married South Wales.Also not on photo Pip Melia,Market Bosworth,Leics.
Sorry to say,the last 2, Bob & Pip have passed away.Not found Norman.
But good news is that after 48 years Terry,Brian,Brian & Don have all been found.
A reunion being arranged.
Anyone who remembers any of us,please advise.
Gary Turner

Where are you from: Kidderminster,born Birmingham

Email  
Re: Made contact with pals off the Arcadia late 60's

Quote: Gary Turner
Hi Old Seadogs,
On 21st Jan,this tear I placed an article in the Daily Mail,Saturday edition to chase
6 pals that sailed together 14th Set 1967-3rd April 1969 & we were Bedroom Stewards.
A photo of us [1st July 1968] on a beach at Palma Nova,last port of call to England was shown & I was looking for Terry Morris,Canvey Island,Essex,Brian Banks,Coventry,
Donovan Youngman,Ipswich,Ian Balls,Beccles,Suffolk,Norman Henthorne,South Coast,Robert Linden,Belfast but married South Wales.Also not on photo Pip Melia,Market Bosworth,Leics.
Sorry to say,the last 2, Bob & Pip have passed away.Not found Norman.
But good news is that after 48 years Terry,Brian,Brian & Don have all been found.
A reunion being arranged.
Anyone who remembers any of us,please advise.
Gary Turner

We 5 met in Norwich on 6/7 March & had an amazing time & great laugh.
We've also been in touch with Norman Henthorne & will be catching up again soon.
We want now to find Brian Husband who was a great mate to us on the ASrcadia in the late 60's-Where are you ,Brian?

Where are you from: Kidderminster,Worcs-ex Birmingham

Email