Open Forums

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.

Forum: Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Normal Service Suspended

I'm sorry to say that there'll be no updates for a while after suffering a recurring waterworks problem yesterday. It's called a benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate that acted like a stop cock in the closed postion). At least after recognising the symptoms early enough I avoided the dreaded catheter and pee bag strapped to my leg for a week but whatever I said I couldn't discourage the doctor from giving me the finger.

Normal service will resume as soon as I can sit comfortably.

Where are you from: Perth, Western Australia

Email  
Re: Normal Service Suspended

steve I hope you get over your problem real quick with a minimum of dis-comfort, you have not been eating an ogwallah curry have you,you never know what that does to your insides.all the best get wellsoon.

Where are you from: truro cornwall now mornington vic au

Email  

Hi Steve Sorry to hear of the bilge pumping problems . Always a bit worrying when things go wrong down there. Hope you get well soon.

Where are you from: Silloth Cumbria UKHi S

Email  

I think I've got the opposite problem - can't stop peeing. Going to see the GP next month. Takes ages to get an appointment here in the UK.

Where are you from: Ipswich originally, now Chandlers Ford, Hampshire.

Email  

Get well soon Steve.

Where are you from: Derby, England now living in Fullerton, California

Email  

That's sometimes the problem as we get older, and I am having more of a problem on the other side but a great pill called "gastro stop" works wonders!!!!!

Unfortunately nowadays I'm missing all the spicy foods I loved and learnt about during my younger years and the opportunity to visit so many countries. I have managed to visit over 80 countries in my lifetime but I think my travelling will be curtailed in the future.

Take care Steve and we will all be thinking of you and don't rush things

Best wishes, David.

Where are you from: Lorne Victoria originally Woodford Green Essex (and Worcester during the war)

Email  

Where did all the years go?
Only two minutes ago we were all bright eyed young men, charming the young ladies and taking massive ships around the world.

get well soon, Steve.

Where are you from: Yorkshire

Email  

Thanks for all your good wishes gentlemen but the person I'd really like to thank is the person who invented the prostate shrinking pill Flomaxtra. I went from a dribble to a trickle after the first pill and a trickle to a tinkle after the second. I'm hoping pill No3 (just taken) will produce a minor stream by the end of the day.

My arse still feels like the picture above and I still prefer to stand or lie down, sitting at this computer on one cheek is not nice.

You're right Geoff, where has the last 40 years gone? I guess we're luckier than those who've already crossed the bar but ...

... I don't think I'll live as long as Chuck Berry who passed away today at 90, nor do I want to without my health, R.I.P. Chuck :-)

Email  

Steve, Sadly we are all getting older and your problems are consistent with advancing years. You need a PSA test which not conclusive is an indication of anything lurking. Obviously you, like us, are thinking Prostate Cancer. This is not always the case and, if I can think of it be sure your Doctor would have long ago. It's very common to those of us now in our seventies, almost all of us on this board would have an enlarged Prostate. Not the end of the world mate and the operation is performed daily. Be guided by the experts.They've seen it all before.

Where are you from: originally Gosport now Campbelltown

Email  

Get well soon Steve.

Wonder how many of us would pass the ENG1 medical now at our ages?

Where are you from: Wirral

Email  

i had a bladder cancer 4 years ago all good now but have to go for a cystoscopy every six months as they go through your prostate with the probe i asked is everything ok there the nurse said yes why are asking have you got a problem i said no just something else to check off the list keep the old pecker up good luck steve

Where are you from: sandwich kent

Email  

I've learned some fascinating facts while researching my current problem. The prostate gland is the same as your nose and ears ... they all continue to grow during your lifetime, subsequently 50% of men will experience reduced urine flow by the age of 60 and 93% by the age of 80, the degree of how seriously you're affected is like all things, it varies greatly from person to person. This has cheered me up no end as at first I was thinking "what have I done to cause this???" and was worried it might need some dramatic lifestyle changes to stop it from happening again, whereas the truth is there's absolutely nothing I can do other than control it with either medication, minimal intrusive methods or ultimately intrusive surgery. Isn't it great getting old? I think it's time to start enjoying what's left of it.

Email  

That's very good info Steve.

My flow has reduced in the past few years. It used to come out like the fire main, as someone on this site said once a long time ago.

I hope all is well with you.

Where are you from: Bilgola - Sydney Northern Beaches

Email  

Amazing how the subject matter changes as we get older...it used to be .."how bloody long does it take that barman to pour a pint"...now it is " how long can I hold it in for & then how long to get rid of it!!"........

Where are you from: Nynehead UK

Email  

no matter what else happens in the end old age will kill you just thank ourselves that what we used to do all night now takes all night

Where are you from: sandwich kent

Email  

What on earth did your doctor do to you? Having had experience of both professionally doing prostate examinations and having them done as a patient I have never known it to hurt unless you have an infection there. What have you been up to?.....

Where are you from: Pinner, Middlesex

Email