Open Forums

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.

Forum: Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Updates

More UPDATES which sadly are the last two of the VHS movies converted from Robert L Gordon's collection. I just have one super 8 movie of the Sea Princess maiden voyage that I can view but can't convert.

Where are you from: Perth, Western Australia

Email  
Re: Updates

In the Take Me Away advert I noted Captain Bob Ellingham, Purser David Burleigh and possibly Phil Pickford but not sure.

Email  
Re: Updates

Re the farewell voyage of Arcadia.

There is an interview with Malcolm Longstaff, a P&O Sydney Manager who was a Purser with the Eastern and Australian Shipping Company (E&A Line); In this interview I think he was in the then Publicity Department of P&O Orient Lines Sydney.

E&A had such ships as the Nellore, Aramac, Eastern and towards the end Cathay and Chitral. It ran up the East Coast of Australia from Melbourne to the Far East calling at several ports in Japan, China as well as Taiwan. They carried passengers as well as general cargo and timber.

I expect not many of our "seadogs" would have sailed with E&A but it would be interesting to hear any of their stories!

Cheers, David.

Where are you from: Lorne Victoria originally Woodford Green Essex (and Worcester during the war)

Email