Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Checking Email Validity

If you get an email with the subject: "Checking Email Validity", it's just me checking all the email addresses listed on the site. I've just done A and B today as I don't want to be tagged a spammer. You don't need to reply as I'll know within a few minutes and get a user unknown bounce from the server if it's invalid and then I'll remove it from the listings. Just breaking back in gently with something I've wanted to do for ages.

Re: Checking Email Validity

I found 7/53 invalid email addresses in A and B.

Just done C and D and already got 8/58, there may be more over the next 24 hours.

I've checked A to I inclusive up to now and I've found 29 invalid email addresses which have now been removed from the site. They used to belong to the following people:

Alan Richards
Alan Worley
Andy Smales
Bert McAughtrie
Bill Paterson
Bob Eden
Bob Frost
Charles Mullin
Charles Oxley
Chris Mussett
Colin MacPhail
Dave George
Dave Hulbert
Dave Moss
Derek Houghton
Derek Scott
Eldred Clark
Eula Taulbee
Fred Rance
Garry Stewart
Geoff Horan
Gillian Angove
Glen Cunningham
Gordon McIntyre
Graham Bond
Graham Francis
Graham Tuck
Guy Richards
Iain Mackinnon

If any of the above mentioned people read this and wish for a current email address to be added to their listings then please email me. If anyone knows if any of these people are no longer with us please let me know (with details preferably).

Hi Steve! Re Bob Frost. He is still very much alive and kicking, and living in Hobart.

He was ex Orient Line/P&O Orient Line in the Pursers Office, but not sure what his final rank was.

The other names are not known to me. Cheers, David.

Where are you from: Woodford Green Essex and now Aireys Inlet Victoria Australia

Done the J's and the following invalid email addresses have been removed:

James O'Sullivan
James Stevens
Jane Leetch
Jess Muir
Jim Powell
Jim Ross
Joe Gilfillan
John Barclay
John Forde
John Francis
John Gentry
John McGuiness
John Murray
John Taylor
Jon Morgan
Julian Hustwitt

An old Orient Line contact tells me that Julian Hustwitt is still alive and kicking. His email address is hustwitt@gmail.com

Cheers, David.

Where are you from: Woodford Green Essex and now Aireys Inlet Victoria Australia

The only invalid email address in K-L is:

Linda Tattershall

Sailed with Linda on the Oriana. Great fun. But do not know where she is now.

I have Linda's contact details and will send to Steve. Presently rolling around in a Force 9 gale in Biscay aboard ORIANA and don't have details to hand. Also want to get back to the bar.

Where are you from: Essex UK.

I have Linda's contact details and will send to Steve. Presently rolling around in a Force 9 gale in Biscay aboard ORIANA and don't have details to hand. Also want to get back to the bar.

Where are you from: Essex UK.

The following invalid email addresses have been removed:

Malcolm Rushan
Malcolm Turner
Mark Sawyer
Michael Cavanagh
Mike Brown
Mike Hayes
Morris Bagnall

Hi Steve!

Captain Malcolm Rushen Orient Line/P&O was alive and well last year when I contacted him. He was also at the P&O reunion in Southampton this year. The email address I have for him is

rushen@shoreside.demon.co.uk

Cheers, David.

Hi David, that's the address I had which now bounces.

Hi Steve! At least we know he is alive and kicking! Will try another source1

Cheers, David. PS Nice to see you are managing a day or two on your site, well done.

Hi Steve! Re Malcolm Rushan. In the previous I spelt i his surname with an e instead of an a. He does have another email address although apparently the other one should get through with the correct spelling!

His alternative address is malcolmrushan@gmail.com

Cheers, David.

Rushan with an a still bounces and sadly I can't add a different address without the person's permission.

There's only two in the N-O section:

Neil Sharp
Norman Geehan

Steve

You were the one who found Norm Geehan's Email address for me years ago. We swapped Emails for a short while, then my Emails to him started bouncing. I don't know what happened to him.

Where are you from: Bilgola - Sydney Northern Beaches

Hi Greg, it could be something's happened to him and all these other people or they may just wanted to go and hide under a rock for a while (I know all about that feeling). I should point out that some of the people who's email addresses have become invalid and have been removed I actually know their current email address from more recent emails they've sent to me but I can't automatically update people's email addresses on a public website without their express permission.

The addresses removed from the P-R section are as follows:

Paul Robinson
Pauline Milner
Peter Anderson
Peter Kennington
Philip Durell
Ray Conway
Ray Pearson
Rick Thompson
Robert Jones
Roger Lownsborough
Roger Villiers
Roy Arnold

Finally the email checking is done and the last two names to be removed (from the S-Z section) are:

Steve Hodge
Stuart Woosnam

Well Done Steve, If ever there was a labour of love you have defined it.

Where are you from: Gosport originally now Campbelltown N.S.W