Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oriana Itineraries 1970/71

Would anyone have Oriana Itineraries from 1970 & 1971? I can't find mine now and my memory needs refreshing of the four line voyages (one a five monther) back then.

Wonderful times.

Where are you from: Bilgola - Sydney Northern Beaches

Re: Oriana Itineraries 1970/71

Hi Greg,

You should be able to get the voyage record cards for the dates you require on the Oriana from the guildhall library @ guildhall.library@cityoflondon.gov.uk Attention Jeanie Smith - Maritime Dept.
She was very helpful for me and supplied me with 10 voyage record cards even the adjusted itinerary I required for the Oronsay from 1967.
Their is a small charge for this service but well worth it.

Cheers
Laurie

Where are you from: Bonbeach , Victoria formerly Devon,UK

Thanks Laurie.

I'll try your contact.

Greg

Greg,

Oriana itineraries starting at 14th November 1970, then going into '71, are on this site - go to P&O Steam section, then Oriana, then itineraries and they are there, at least in part.

Hope this helps,
Alan

From memory Greg we went from Sydney to San Francisco with just 44 pax on the boiler room fire voyage August 1970. Every night was a buffet dinner dance in the 1st. class Ballroom.

Where are you from: Essex UK

You might be thinking of First Class passengers Mike.

There were plenty of Tourist Class passengers that stayed on board through the two week repair period and on the subsequent trip. We were wheeling in.

No Greg I am talking about after we arrived in Sydney some three and a half weeks behind schedule and we had to get over the USA to start the scheduled cruising programme. It was quite an experience as I remember with both restaurants shut down and early nights unless you were lucky with one of the ship's ladies.

You're probably right Mike but I just can't remember it. It would have only been a two week period so my old memory hasn't retained it.

Not a big event compared to the issues at the start and during the early part of that trip.

Mike

I just remembered that fire trip was only a three monther. The next trip was the five monther when we did the three American cruises to the Caribbean.

I remember that we took a good number of Australian passengers to UK on the return of the fire trip. I have a particular reason to remember.

After the drama of the fire we did some boiler tubes arrival Nassau on the way out. Poor John Howell.