Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roddy McConnell, RIP

I have just this minute received this very sad news,

Dear all,
I'm not really sure what to say here, but this is Roddy's wife, April. We were enjoying the day today with family, when Roddy suddenly had a massive heart attack. His passing at 59 is very unexpected, as he has been a pinnacle of health this past year. He's never been in better shape, active or more stress-free. He was SOO SOO excited to start his new adventure at CSmart. I'm devastated to have lost him, but even more sad that he didn't have a chance to get to Almere. He was really looking forward to that and spent a great deal of time being very prepared for it. I know it was going to be a rewarding experience. Not a great way to end the year or begin the next one.
-- April McConnell

Re: Roddy McConnell, RIP

Sad news indeed and condolences to his wife April.
Many of us sailed with jovial Roddy.
RIP.

Where are you from: Barrow

Steve B.
Does the Seadogs Departed section still get updated ?
Think a few have missed the departure list.

Steve
Too depressing Don, I envisaged a couple of years ago that this site would turn into an obituary column, it's not happening mate.

Know what you mean Steve.
Good call mate.

What a great shame. I sailed with Roddy in Canberra and later, I believe, in Arcadia (III). A thoroughly nice guy who will be sadly missed.

Where are you from: Ringwood, England

I sailed with Roddy on SS Oriana, smashing bloke, taken before his time RIP Roddy

Where are you from: Barnet