Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chusan Reunion

Chusan reunion at Eastwood NSW, attendees were L-R: Mike Maskell (back left), Louise Maskell, Cathy Ballam (the late Joe Ballam's wife) Charlie Gentle, Sue Gentle.

Where are you from: NSW

Re: Chusan Reunion

Well there's a vision from the past Mr Maskell, last time I saw you it was in the shower room on Chusan must be somewhere round 1970 , havent changed a bit. I did sail with Joe and had met Cathy once, you are looking younger than ever.
Im glad you had a good reunion God bless

Where are you from: Gibraltar

Good to see you all .I did my first three years a sea on Chusn .Nov 1966 til April 1969 . I remember Mick . Charlie and Joe . You are all looking good on the photo . That is over 50 years ago where has the time gone . Hope you had a good reunion . Good to see you on the photo . Take care all of you

Where are you from: Silloth Cumbria UK

Great to see reunions popping up Mike.

You put me in touch with Joe Ballum some years ago. I sailed with him on Oriana in 1970/71.

Joe and I swapped a few letters before his unfortunate passing.

Where are you from: Bilgola - Sydney Northern Beaches

I was on Chusan the first day you joined. memories of the good times Mr Hairy Bear and strange chest hair fires amongst the memories of the Chusan where I met my wife still together after all these years

Where are you from: Auckland New Zealand

I was on Chusan 1969 - 1971 as asst. electrician. I remember you, Mike, and Joe Ballam who Nippy Norman Pound used to call 'gateway to the south'

Where are you from: Ipswich originally, now Chandlers Ford, Hampshire.

Why "gateway to the south"?

Joe was a great bloke. He gave me his 4E epaulets when he left, as I had just got the step up to 4E then. I still have them.

Where are you from: Bilgola - Sydney Northern Beaches

Greg Sinclair
Why "gateway to the south"?

Joe was a great bloke. He gave me his 4E epaulets when he left, as I had just got the step up to 4E then. I still have them.
Nippy Norman used to shout "Balham, gateway to the South". It was a comedy sketch parodying a short travel documentary about the South London suburb of Balham.

Where are you from: Ipswich originally, now Chandlers Ford, Hampshire.