Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
R.I.P. David King (GEO)

It is with great sadness that we are contacting you to inform you of the passing of our uncle, David King, Chief Engineering Officer of the Canberra and Sea Princess. David passed away, after a short illness, on the 25th of May 2018.

Kind regards

Edward and Ruth Scott

Where are you from: Strathpeffer, Scotland

Re: R.I.P. David King (GEO)

Sad news indeed. I believe Dave was on the Oriana as 1st Engineer during my initial trip with P&O in February 1967. We sailed together on a number of occasions until I left in 1971. Dave did one trip as Chief for a cruise while I was there.
This is the first notification I have seen on Seadogs regarding Dave.
My thoughts are with you.

Where are you from: Allbrook, Eastleigh, Hants

Thank you for your message and kind words. We knew he served on the Oriana. It's so nice to hear from one of his colleagues.
We shall miss David dearly.

Where are you from: Strathpeffer

Hi Sailed with David on Sea princess and I am in the photo behind him , was well respected and one of the best Chiefs I sailed with as he always had time for us lesser engineers .
RIP David

Where are you from: Kent now cornwall

Re: R.I.P. David King (CEO)

What very sad news. I always very much enjoyed serving with David, one of the great gentlemen of the sea and I kept in regular touch with him after his retirement. He will be sadly missed.