Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
David Garry 50 Year Reunion

Does anyone know where David Garry is? ex P&O Engineer Oriana and others. It's coming up to 50 years since we started our Cadetships in South Shields (1969 -73).

He hasn't let me know the reunion location yet, as he promised in 1973.

The Chelsea Cat, Latino (Tavern) and shoreline have all closed now so can't be there Dave.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

James

Where are you from: East Yorkshire, England

Re: David Garry 50 Year Reunion

I had a chat with Dave Garry at one of the reunions a few years ago (I think it was in London when Dave Oakes came over). He stated that he lived at Sturminster Newton in Dorset. I remember this quite clearly as my Brother-in-law lives in Stalbridge only a few miles away. Hope this helps.

I was also a Cadet at South Shields (71-75), along with Dave Jewkes, Paul Clasby, Mike Jack, Philip Yates, Paul Clare, Alan Worley amongst others. A 50th year reunion sounds like a good idea. Not sure my lifetime membership of The Chelsea Cat is valid now!!

Where are you from: Northampton (originally Swindon)

Re: David Garry 50 Year Reunion

Hello James, Richard

I trust all goes well with you both and if you want to drop me an e-mail (eldred.clark@gmail.com) with your contact details (telephone as he hasn't got e-mail) I will pass them on as I am sure he (our Dave) would be very pleased to talk with you. All the very best, Eldred.

Where are you from: Surrey